PDA

View Full Version : Weight Control

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mexicosun
Sun, Sep-28-03, 09:31
WooHoo! I'm down to 109.5. My goal was 110 with my dream goal at 105. Maintenance is easy for me. I don't have to count carbs any more. I just know how much to eat and when. :yay: :yay:

Kathy54
Sun, Sep-28-03, 09:41
Hey good for you !!
Yep the bottom line is once you are where you want to be, it's all about control over servings, that's kind of my guidline for life now, LOL

Kathy

Lilygirl
Sun, Sep-28-03, 11:56
WAY TO GO MEX! :yay:

I love that attitude!! I think I'm going to stop "counting" carbs as well and just make wise decisions like you're doing. I have a bit of an obsessive personality, so I can get WAY too hung up on exactly how many teaspoons of X I am eating and what the exact totals are. Logically though, I won't be able to keep that up for the next 50 years, it's just too time consuming and sometimes stresses me out!

Kathy, you're right, control over servings and really listening to your body when you're full. I'm so glad I found you maintainers, you are full of good advice and I truly think of this as a Way Of Life now.

Have a great day, and congrats on the continued losses Mex!
:cheer:
Lily

mexicosun
Sun, Sep-28-03, 12:06
Thanks. I am taking a class on Holistic Foods. I believe that what we eat as well as the way it is processed makes all the difference in our health. I consider myself an at home chef and love to create new recipes that are good for you.
At the same time, I am making space in my garage for weight training. I am a 56 year old grandmother who used to weight train for years. I am getting back to it. I think you have to work a lot harder at everything when you get older but it's a lot easier now than starting later.

Leigh b
Sun, Sep-28-03, 14:38
Well done Mex,
Sounds like you are doing great. Your course sounds interesting. Let us know if you invent any good low carb recipes :) Leigh

Seto Kaiba
Tue, Sep-30-03, 09:24
WTG, Mex!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm like Lily, very obsessive about counting everything. :o I love Kathy's advice too!!!

Definately let us know about any of your recipes!!!

:wave:

Melissa

Kristine
Tue, Sep-30-03, 15:09
Way to go!! :Party: I rarely count carbs anymore, either. Once in a while, I'll go back to using fitday if I'm falling off the wagon. You're right, it is easy. :thup:

Kathy54
Tue, Sep-30-03, 20:47
Hey what a great group this is becoming :thup:

Yep I quit counting carbs months ago, I really think it is alot easier to live with, by just knowing what you can get away with so to speak, LOL, I'm talking servings of course!

Geez, I must admit thou, one gal at work has decided to give it a try, I don't envey her being on induction :agree: Like I never want to do that again, :roll:
It's amazing, how quickly we forget, she's asking me induction questions and I have to really think about them, as I'm so into OWL and Maintenace.Good thing she only has about 5 pounds to lose, so I can blow it and she'll still do fine, LOL

Well good for you Mex for getting back to the weights, I should be, as our boys have weights/benches set up in the activity room, I always think, I should start it too, but, then I just use that room to make my wine, much more fun :p :thup: Anyhow I lift all day long at work :rolleyes: When I come home the only thing I want to lift is my wine glass :yay: :nono: :yay:

Cheers Kathy

satihap
Fri, Oct-03-03, 10:01
mex-

what carb level are you at now and what's your menu like for a typical day?

Kathy54
Wed, Nov-05-03, 10:23
Gee it's getting kind of slow in this thread where is everyone??

Still maintaining ???
I sure am 8>)

Guess I better go visit some journals.
Cheers Kathy

Frederick
Sat, Nov-22-03, 23:57
I would like to offer you my heartfelt congratulations on reaching goal as well!

I have great pleasure whenever reading of someone reaching his/her ultimate objective.

Once again, congrats and enjoy the "new" you!

Regards,

Frederick