PDA

View Full Version : Candida and Pork Rinds

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DerBlumers
Sat, Sep-27-03, 16:02
Beware..if you have to go anti-candida....(treat a "yeast" infection)...

PLEASE read the label on your bag of pork rinds....some of the brands contain "yeast" which is not allowed if you are struggling with a candida albicans problem. I almost bought a bag of Guerrero brand hot & spicy pork rinds...until I saw that it had yeast in the ingredients. I imagine some of the Nacho and cheesy flavors have yeast as well.

Be warned!!

(re-posted from Low Carb Products thread about Pork Rinds)

Tabby
Sun, Sep-28-03, 14:46
And, most the flavored ones have MSG in them, too. A lot of candida sufferers have sensitivities to MSG.....like me. So....good advice--always read labels!

funnyface
Fri, Oct-03-03, 07:26
Thanks for the warning! I've bought a few bags of pork rinds, but it bothers me how most only list pork rinds and salt as ingredients. They had to be cooked in something. Just to be safe, I've decided to stay away from them.