PDA

View Full Version : Help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

reowdy
Fri, Sep-26-03, 18:50
Going crazy here...

Day 7 of the quit.... yet cause I am still on lozenges and patches, don't really feel like I have quit anything yet..... still addicted to nicotine....

and..

jumped on the scales this morning, and I have put back every ounce that I have taken off since I got back from my holiday.....

Had a couple of bad days food-wise earlier in the week... ate all the wrong things..... but felt like I was back on track the last couple of days..... ok the snacking was a bit out of control.. but at least it was all the right things.... the carb count was under 20....

Don't know what to do now.... have just smoked one cig I bummed from my daughter.... but it doesn't help.... I can't afford to smoke any more.... neither financially or medically...

but.... I can't afford to put this weight back on either.... I was so happy with this WOE, with the improvement in my BP, with the way my clothes were starting to feel more comfortable... with the fact I was succeeding far easier than I had ever done before... and feeling better than I had in a long while...

but it has all crashed around me.... and I feel like the past few weeks have all been wasted.... where do I go now....

Need to succeed at both and don't think I can succeed at either.... I am devastated.....

Can anyone help?????

DianaMN
Fri, Sep-26-03, 21:27
Pam -

Please check out this website - it has saved my life. I quit 17 days ago and in the past have been a "serial quitter".

http://www.quitnet.com/

I was developing COPD (Asthma) from smoking so it was imperative that I quit. The website forums are very active so there is always someone there to answer your help messages right away.

It is possible to kick the nicodemon - not easy, but possible. Please don't give up.

Diana

Atriana
Sat, Sep-27-03, 18:28
Hang in there Pam. The choices are :
1) Keep going
2) Go back to smoking forever
3) Go back to smoking only to quit again - which means you have to do this week all over again.

It gets better. Hang on.

Atriana
Mon, Sep-29-03, 07:58
Pam, where are you?