PDA

View Full Version : Nursing and on CAD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kayla0731
Fri, Sep-26-03, 10:34
I am currently 33 weeks pregnant, so I'm not dieting. When I got pregnant I weighed 145, and now I weigh 155. I did the CAD about a year ago, and lost 20 pounds (most of which was gained when I was pregnant with my son)!! I'm looking forward to going back on the diet as soon as I have the little darling, but I was wondering if it was safe to do so if I plan on nursing. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!! (Esp. from "flitter" if she is still around??)

Thanks!

Kayla

Divina99
Fri, Sep-26-03, 11:40
Hi Kayla,

I just read this on another website for CAD/CALP

its FAQ's for pregnant or nursing moms...

here is the link

http://pages.ivillage.com/carbaddicts/faqs/pregnant.htm

I'm sure the CADers here can give you lots more info.

Take care...and have a happy, healthy pregnancy :baby:

BeccaResRN
Sat, Sep-27-03, 12:41
Because you would not be in ketosis which is is no no for pregnancy or nursing. I don't see why not. Just be sure you are intaking enough calories, make sure you are balencing your RM. And I would be sure you don't skip meals

and by the way wow on not gaining a large amount while pregnant When i got pregnet I weighed 160 and gained 60 pounds eating everything in sight!!!!