PDA

View Full Version : Near St Louis Mo

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

borlisch
Fri, Jul-27-01, 21:44
Anyone living near St Louis??

Thanks

Judyanne
Tue, Sep-18-01, 23:35
I live about 100 miles S/W of St Louis ?

russ
Sat, Nov-10-01, 02:46
I live about 60 miles east of St. Louis.

hare_ball
Mon, Nov-12-01, 10:47
I live in St. Louis

Sh'ra
Tue, Nov-20-01, 13:05
I live 1 1/2 hours west of St. Louis.

Lauralei
Fri, Dec-07-01, 16:51
i live in st. louis - would be interested in a low carb support group here...

Nellie
Sat, Jan-12-02, 23:30
I used to live in west county, but I'm in Jeff. city now. Anyone here of some low carb food coops here in the states?? I want to try yt flax o meal, but I just can't pay $9 a bag plus shipping!

Denaria
Tue, May-07-02, 20:54
HI

I am in U. City and would also be interested in meeting with other low carbers in the city.

As to the flax-o-meal, I seen it yesterday at the Schnuck in Richmond Heights (Clayton & Big Bend). Sorry though, I didn't catch the price. You can also find it at the new Natural food store at the Brentwood Plaza (Hwy 40 & Brentwood) and at Wild Oats (Ladue just west of 170).

Denaria

Nellie
Wed, May-08-02, 08:35
Cool! We have a Schnucks being built here in Jeff City! Do they carry other low-carb stuff?

Nellie

Denaria
Wed, May-08-02, 16:38
Hi Nellie,

I haven't had much luck in finding low carb specific items, but they carry some of the lo-carb bars and shake mixes. I can usually find what I need there to get me by for staples (flax o meal and such). Otherwise I go to the nearest web sitees and order from there. Vitacost.com is really good for supplements and atkins products. Most of their stuff is at about 60% of the retail price. I haven't done any comparison shopping yet between them and Netrition.

The other place that I have had really good luck in finding lo carb products is Walgreens.

Denaria

jealspaugh
Thu, Jun-20-02, 16:55
i guess i live about150 mis.north of ST. LOUIS,it was just nice to see someone in the same state.i also have the problem of not being able to find any lowcarb food in my small town.Columbia is the closest big town.i hardly ever get there. let me know if you find a cheap place to order the food from.thanks,ellen :confused:

Nellie
Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:01
If you live near or are going to Columbia, there's a coffee shop called (oh sheesh, how am I going to spell this??) "The Kauffeeclatch" in Columbia mall carries a good variety of Davinci sugar free syrups! The big bottles are $10, the little ones are $6. I know what I'll be asking for for Christmas!

Nellie

jealspaugh
Fri, Jun-21-02, 15:21
i received your message and was glad to hear there was a place that carried the Davinci syrup, does it carry any other lowcarb products?if i don't go there ,my son does ,maybe he can stop and get the syrup.info is much appreciated.good job on weight loss,we're in this together.when did you start the diet? ellen :thup:

Nellie
Sat, Jun-22-02, 09:27
I didn't see any other low carb stuff, it is just a coffee shop. I emailed Davinci, and they gave me the number a distributor here in Mo. The distributor found the place nearest to me. I started atkins in last december. But I have really fallen down and I'm trying hard to pick myself back up! I am a sugar addict, 100%. I think kicking the sugar was 10 times harder than quitting smoking. I've gained about 5 pounds back. :(

Nellie

jealspaugh
Sat, Jun-22-02, 18:35
nellie,i appreciate your reply,maybe i can check out more health food co.s on the web.i know there is one in Kirksville,mo. which is only 65 mis.from me.but i know they're expensive.anyway,i'm managing on pork rinds and whipping cream.lol.ellen

Nellie
Mon, Jul-08-02, 18:33
I found divinci syrups at my Wal-Mart superstore!!! IT GETS BETTER!!!! IT WAS ONLY $6 FOR THE BIG SIZE BOTTLE! I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!
The selection is a bit low, only vanilla and hazelnut (I don't care for hazelnut) in the sugar free, but HEY it's a start! Walmarts pretty much carry the same stuff all over so go check it out!!

Nellie (one very happy camper!) :D :yay:

HerbNurse
Sun, Jul-14-02, 12:34
I am new to LCing, I live in Maryland Heights, MO.

My problem is I can't seem to get it out of my mind that
fat is our friend. I lost 76lbs. in 1996 on low fat diet but I lost a lot of muscle tone. I was very gauntly and flabby.

When I moved to St. Louis in July of 1999 my business kept me sitting in front of the computer so consequently 20 lbs. appeared in three years. I lost 7 lbs. and several inches on my own just by buying a treadmill and weights.

I do need to get leaner though a lot of subcutaneous fat left over from the diet days. I actually bought protein power in June and have tried to go by the book.

I do feel better, no bloating or gastric distress on LC but I have a hard time eating the recommend fat. I am doing better now that I have joined this forum. A lot of great support.

Janice

freydis
Thu, Nov-21-02, 17:43
I live in St. Peters. We have a couple of health food stores that carry some of the Atkins products, a few Keto products, and soy powder/grains/glutins. I should go back and look for the syrups now that I know they exist. :)