PDA

View Full Version : Marinara sauce

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shep
Sun, Sep-21-03, 13:58
Well all bare withmem since all my recipys are in the head ( I should write them down and kep it handy for others :-) ) If you can find fresh spices and ingreadance great but it's gettin close to winter and there hard to find so your best and make do with what every you can find .

1lb 98% lean hamburger ( ground turkey,or for those who hunt ground deer burger works )
3 to 4 medium tomatos diceed ( 1 15oz can of diced drained and rinised to remove some of the salt)
1 8oz.can of tomato paste or sauce
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/3 tsp. basil
1 Tbs Italian season ( more if needed)
1/3 tsp honey
2 to 4 cloves garlic minced
1/3 tsp of dry mustard
1 small onion diced.
1 to 2 drops of liquid smoke ( optional but it give the earthy taste to the tomatos I like )
also you can use water or red wine to thin out the sauce depending on your preferance
.. I hope that you enjoy this of you want to add something else to this feel free .. This can be made 30 min before you serve the spagitti or any pasta dish even put it on anything you might want to grill out side .. Optional for spicy add a dash of hot sauce or a few crushed red peppers flakes..

Sodium 380 mg in the 8oz can of tomato sauce
220mg in the diced 15 oz can (110 when rinised)
2mg in the lemon juice
130 mg in the hot sause

Total Na 732 mg
Total Carbs 8g

Jon ( The road of life is short and you need to take time out and stop to smell the roses along the way. )