PDA

View Full Version : vitamins????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

muweek
Thu, Sep-18-03, 09:26
Okay, I have been reading ALOT of threads from everyone and an confused about what additional supplements we should be taking?. The book talks about GTF chromium(Which I am going to get) but what else? One site says she takes a handful of everything? and another says a multi-vitamins doesn't come near to what we need. I realize that but I don't really want to have to take one pill for almost everything I have cut down on or eliminated. Bananas (potassium), carrots(beta-carotene), etc. CAn someone more experienced in this WOL please give me some guidance?

Zuleikaa
Thu, Sep-18-03, 09:57
A good multi-vitamin (I take GNC 2 per dose, I split it into twice a day), potassium, c, e, essential oils. I take those in the morning and another dose at RM.

It's important to select a multivitamin and pills that have no starch, sugars because they will raise your insulin.