PDA

View Full Version : Candida and Weight stall

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bethy B
Tue, Sep-16-03, 02:00
I most definatley have Candida Albicans and haven't long found out. I've been low carbing since May and although I've lost a very small ammount of weight the alternative practitioner told me that I'm doing myself a favour by following this diet. However, It's terribly soul destroying not to be losing weight. Is this down to the candida? Am I hanging on to my weight due to the candida?
Secondly, whilst surfing the web I stumbled accross a product called "Three Lac" which is supposed to treat candida swiftly and naturally. Does anyone have any hands on experiences with this stuff?
Thanks in advance
Beth
x

rubitulip
Tue, May-18-04, 00:49
not that but i am taking yeast fighters...its nice to know someone in the same boat, though i am sorry you are not losing either. i started my YF 4 days ago and am praying for results.

Jems
Tue, May-18-04, 00:59
My ntritionist told me that the yeast produces toxins in the body so the body holds on to water to dilute them (or something like that!) I didn't lose the first few weeks but now I'm losing an average of 1lb a week - 23lbs since January!
So keep at it and you should see results!

I haven't tried threelac - I use oregano & caprilic tabs.

rubitulip
Wed, May-19-04, 01:09
so you are saying that the candida holds water so you have retention?

Jems
Thu, May-20-04, 09:31
Not exactly. The way she explained it too me was that the candida makes toxins which the body has to hold onto water to dilute the toxins. Which is also why we have have to drink so much of the stuff, especially during die off or we feel really ill. I also have loads of vit C to deal with the toxins.

rubitulip
Sat, May-22-04, 01:32
oh ok makes sence.

chicamala
Fri, Jun-18-04, 16:34
Does someone have a list of foods that are acceptable? I see so many that are not, but I'm having a brainfog and can't seem to think what all is acceptable. Thanks.

miristar
Sat, Jun-19-04, 10:31
look up three lac on this board. I tried it with no results, and I believe that others here also do not recommend it.

LesStrater
Thu, Jun-24-04, 14:56
look up three lac on this board. I tried it with no results, and I believe that others here also do not recommend it.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173351