PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gaz
Thu, Jul-26-01, 08:38
This is probably the wrong question to ask from a new starter but.....Are there any alcoholic beverages that can be consumed on this low carb. diet:confused:
Any feedback would be appreciated.;)

Bonnie
Thu, Jul-26-01, 09:17
I would say that is an individual choice... I'm sure there are some here who would say to absolutely stay away from alcohol of any type...some LC Plans state the OCCASIONAL indulgence of a glass of red wine is permitted...my personal choice is the occasional cuba libre, (rum, diet caffeine free coke and sprig of lime) ...IMHO, if you can't stop at one just don't indulge...;)

Bonnie

Karen
Thu, Jul-26-01, 09:27
What your body will burn for fuel is in this order: alcohol, carbohydrates, your own fat. Alcohol can be a trigger for a lot of people and send them off on a carb crazed binge.

Karen