PDA

View Full Version : Extra Skin

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Weezer160
Thu, Jul-26-01, 01:25
I was wondering since I am losing more than fifty pounds, that when I do reach my ideal weight, how severe will the extra skin (especially around my stomach) be? Will there be none or very little? Also, I have heard that drinking water can help counter this, is this true? Thanks for you time.

doreen T
Thu, Jul-26-01, 04:47
Um, I checked your profile, and I would say that your young age, and the fact that you work-out will be helpful to prevent this from happening. Another thing is to not try to lose the weight too quickly, so that your skin's elasticity has a chance to keep up. You will lose the fat and weight from all over your body, not just the abdomen.

Why not introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum? ;) ... you'll get a big HELLO from everybody ... and maybe some folks with "sagging skin" expertise can offer some suggestions.

Doreen