PDA

View Full Version : Am I stalled?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joni
Wed, Jul-25-01, 13:48
Or am I just being inpatient? Maybe the latter.

This is my second week. I keep my carbs right around 25 a day. Drink loads of water. My question is---Does sometimes skipping breakfast, slow the weight loss down? I have heard it does slow the metabolism. I am thinking that's my problem. There have been a few mornings,I have been so busy I leave without breakfast. But I usually make it up with a huge salad, no tomatoes or carrots--just greens with chicken. Then for dinner--Some kind of meat with a salad or cooked green veggies.
I feel full alot. Never really starving like I did with other diets. Which is great!

Help? I know it didn't take overnight to put the weight on, so I have got to be patient. I'll try.

Joni

Karen
Wed, Jul-25-01, 13:56
Yep, you're being impatient! ;)

A stall is 6 weeks of no weight loss with eating the same way as before the stall occured.

Breakfast does start up your metabolism. It tells your body to "Relax, there's food here! No need to hang on to the fat in case there's a famine coming on!"

There is a recipe in the recipe section for "Mock-Muffins". Great to grab as you're running out the door.

Karen

Joni
Thu, Jul-26-01, 11:12
I'll try the muffins. And I will be more patient. Yesterday, was just one of those days! Today is much better!

Thanks again!

Joni