PDA

View Full Version : Can I still meet my original goal?? (25 lbs by Dec 4)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sango
Thu, Sep-04-03, 18:34
I'm just wondering if it's possible at all, so that I can be realistic and not be disappointed with myself if I can't do it by then. My original goal was to reach my goal weight by my birthday, which is now 3 months from today. So what do you think? Is 25 lbs in 3 months too ambitious?

Thanks,

Tess M
Fri, Sep-05-03, 01:25
Hi Sango--Guess it just depends on your body, and your resolve. I think everyone is different, and depending on circumstances, rate of weight loss can vary a lot! I'm pretty slow I think, but I'm also older, menopausal, and on several meds that could be slowing me down. You could look at it this way--You might not lose the entire 25 by Dec., but you will definitely be well on your way, and looking GOOD by then (although you look very nice now!)... Just keep on plugging, and we'll be here to support you, if you need us... :p

Vel
Fri, Sep-05-03, 03:35
Hi Sango,
While I would imagine it is *possible* to make that goal, it seems a bit unlikely to me. CAD is a wonderful, liveable program that will get you where you want to go, but it is not a super fast one. And, since you don't have too much to lose, that makes it more unlikely to lose that fast as well. I had a few private goals in my head when I started CAD too, one being to lose 100lbs in my first year. I didn't make that, since the year is just past and I am sitting at about 90 lost. But, I tell you, compared to every other diet I have been on (and that's a lot), I am happier on CAD than any of them. I guess for me the goal has changed to sticking closely to CAD and knowing that I will get where I want to be :)

JMHO

Jalera2003
Fri, Sep-05-03, 11:40
Sango, something else to remember, CAD is a way of eating, not just a diet. You will likely have to eat this way for the rest of your life. While you may have some specific event you want to lose the weight for, and I'm not trying to discourage you from setting goals, I find it easier to think of this as a lifelong commitment to my health, that way rapid weight loss becomes less of an issue. Make sense?

quikdeb
Fri, Sep-05-03, 19:09
I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, but I think 25 pounds is a bit unrealistic for CAD. One never knows...but overall, I'd say it's a bit much.

I want to say this too. Even if 25 pounds is too much..don't quit. You will lose something and whatever you lose it's going to be closer to 25 pounds than you are now so don't let a possibly unrealistic goal stop you from getting started and getting as far as you can. Your birthday will come whether you start or not. You can be 5,12,18 or 25 pounds thinner by then or right where you are now. Which would be better?

Come on.....START!!!! :agree:

Best of luck,
Deb

BeccaResRN
Sat, Sep-06-03, 03:58
Hello Sango for myself 25 pounds in 3 months is more than I can do. Expecially the last 10 so I think maybe 15 pounds in 3 months and then the last 10 at the pace your body will give them up is more realistic.

I just don't want you to be dissapointed. I originally wanted to hit goal by christamas 2002 but insted it was june but I felt really good at Christams and looked good too.