PDA

View Full Version : Diet Rite soda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KATrimble
Wed, Jul-25-01, 08:41
Hi All!

I'm new, so I apologize if this is old news, but I wanted to let everyone know, Diet Rite soda is sweetened with Splenda, and contains no aspertame! I don't know your feelings on the aspertame raising blood sugar theory, but personally, I have noticed the weight coming off easier, since I have totally eliminated aspertame from my diet! Anyone else?

ChrstnHrpr
Wed, Jul-25-01, 10:23
I do notice that when I can stay away from the soda and nutrasweet, my weight comes off easier! I also noticed that citric acid keeps me from losing as fast. I am on my second day of nothing but water to drink! I sure do miss my diet coke but I would rather be thin! I can usaully go a week or two without soda and then I just get tired of drinking all water. When I am not drinking soda I drink 15 8oz glasses of water. When I am drinking soda (one or two a day) I cut my wate back to 12 glasses! But thanks for the diet rite tip, I will be switching to that instead of diet coke!:D

agonycat
Wed, Jul-25-01, 11:14
Diet Royal Crown (RC) is also sweetened with splenda. I found the diet rite has a weird taste for some reason....almost perfumey. (Could be my taste buds)

:D

ShirleyL
Wed, Jul-25-01, 14:59
Yep, it has an different taste - personally, I think it's too sweet. But after drinking it for two weeks now, I have to say I've developed a taste for it.

And I really think it made a difference for me to toss the Diet Pepsi (good bye, old friend!) and drink Dite Rite. I started losing again when cutting out the Diet Pepsi. (However, don't even think about asking me give up my half a cup of coffee in the mornings! And I mean half a cup, not a big old mug full.)

I drink the cola with a meal. Can't sit down and just drink one like that. It's too sweet for me.

Cheers, everyone!

Shirley
Florida

Lisa&Craig
Wed, Aug-01-01, 09:40
Hello there,
Any of you know if this Diet RC sweetened with splenda is available in Canada?
Do any of you have any cans or bottles left with a 1-800 tel. no.
so I could get in contact with the company for info?
All help would be very much appreciated!
Thanks.
Lisa

:)

Gerri
Fri, Oct-05-01, 12:44
I was at Wal-mart doing my weekly shopping when I came across Tangerine Diet Rite Soda. It says Ocarbs,O cal.,O sugar,made with Splenda., & No caffiene. I'm not a big soda drinker but as a treat once in awhile this might be good. Does anyone have any negative info in it? The also had Strawberry Kiwi and of course Diet cola. I'm on a roll right watching everything that's going in my mouth! :cool:

Natrushka
Fri, Oct-05-01, 19:06
Diet rite is the soda of choice for LCers, Gerri. They are made with liquid Splenda, which has no carbs. Word of warning is this: any sweetener can set of cravings for the real thing, but is very much a YMMV thing. Only way to know is to try.

Nat

Gerri
Sat, Oct-06-01, 07:36
Thanks Nat. I tried one. It was good. Didn't set off on a binge though. I'm not really a soda drinker. One once in awhile should be ok.