PDA

View Full Version : Curried Shrimp.. did I goof?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joodsie
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:49
Hi, just wanted to know how I find out if I goofed when I made up a batch of curried shrimp tonight. I guess I should really get the book and I wont have to bothery anyone with these questions, but havent had time to do it yet. Anyway, I fried up some green and red peppers, mushrooms and green onions. Then I added a whole frozen shrimp ring (tails off of course) and dumped a bunch of curry powder in there. I cooked it until everything was soft and then added a little over a quarter cup of cream. I simmered it till it was like a thick sauce.

It was delicious but I am afraid I did something wrong because it tasted too good to be legal. Can you help me?? Did I overdose on the veggies ..(I only ate half of the mixture and saved the rest for tomorrow).. Are we allowed curry powder?? Oh geeeeze I never even thought of that.

Have to get me a book.

Hope someone can answer my questions.

Judy:confused:

tamarian
Tue, Jul-24-01, 20:03
Hi Judy,

It all depends on the amounts used in the recipe. It may not be that bad. To have a piece of mind and be exact on how much carbs are included, all you need to do is use our very own carb counter :)

Click here:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/low-carb-tools/carb_counter.html

You will be able to find the exact carb count for each of the ingredients you used, including the curry.

I love curry!

Wa'il

Karen
Tue, Jul-24-01, 21:23
Hi Judy,

Lots of LC food is sinfully delicious. As Wa'il said, just make sure you're measuring accurately and counting the carbs. After a while, you'll be an old pro at it and will be able to do it in your sleep!

Karen