PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PatHawk
Tue, Jul-24-01, 12:36
Although I have been eating low carb meals for over a year, I am very new at participating in forums. I lost just over 30 pounds last year following Dr. Platt's Metabolic Solutions, low carb diet. I felt so well and full of energy that I decided to keep eating low carb. I have kept the weight off for over a year, with only 1-2 pound fluctuations.
I have not given up coffee, but switch to decaff after a high test in the morning.
Am interested in others successes.

tamarian
Tue, Jul-24-01, 12:45
Welcome aboard Pat!

Glad you joined us. I didn't know you're a BC'er!

For those who don't know, Pat has written a low-carb cookbook. Check it out by clicking on the www icon below her post :)

We now have 2 cookbook authors in our midst! :)

Wa'il

debbiedobson
Tue, Jul-24-01, 17:48
welcome pat!!:D you're cookbook looks so yummy! hopefully i can consider ordering it after my summer holidays! i like that you've printed the canadian dollar price as well! we all love to support canadian enterprise! we'd love to hear more about your weight loss, without infringing on your copyright, of course!:D

Karen
Tue, Jul-24-01, 18:43
Welcome to the forum Pat!

It's always a treat to have more BC'ers on board. None of the active posters here have reached their goal weight, but nonetheless have been very successful!

Karen

tamarian
Tue, Jul-24-01, 18:57
Originally posted by Karen
Welcome to the forum Pat!

It's always a treat to have more BC'ers on board. None of the active posters here have reached their goal weight, but nonetheless have been very successful!

Kind of :) I'm a BC'er (I'm kind of an active poster too :p ) who DID reach goal weight but relapsed. I've lost 220 lbs in 3 years, and gained back about a 100 in 3 years. You'll find the details in our "Stories" section, all the way at the bottom. This is what taught me that low-carbing, for me, is for life and not just a quick diet.

Wa'il

Karen
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:02
What does relapse count as? ;)

Maybe I should have said reached their goal, and stayed there!:p

Karen

tamarian
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:10
Originally posted by Karen
What does relapse count as? ;)

As a lesson well learned! :)

Wa'il