PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chriscub
Sun, Jul-22-01, 16:47
At the suggestion of another, here's my intro.
I'm a little shy, so it may have taken me longer to get around to it.

I'm Chris (if not obvious by the nickname), 30, male, living in Toronto with my partner (male).

I'm really anxious to meet some other low-carbers in person (I missed today's get-together unfortunately!) as I have only been dealing with low-carbers 'virtually' on two internet email groups, CADIS and MyCAFriends, which deal with the program that I follow, the Heller's "Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" (or CAD for short).

I have been on Atkins, and have familiarity with other plans (Stillman, PP, Montignac) as I like to be well read on the subject of these newer eating programs.

Looking forward to meeting and talking to some new people!

chriscub

tamarian
Sun, Jul-22-01, 16:57
Welcome aboard Chris!

Sorry you missed the Toronto get together today, they should have another one pretty soon (I hope) :)

Wa'il

debbiedobson
Tue, Jul-24-01, 17:10
welcome chris!!:D sorry you missed our lunch! barb came and she just registered sunday morning! hopefully you'll make our next get together! what program are YOU following?

chriscub
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:11
Thanks for the welcome Debbie & Wa'il!

I'm really down that I missed the lunch, but I'll just have to be patient for the next one.
I registered at around the same time as the lunch, so I didn't bother trying to make it out there in time.

I follow CAD myself. I'm on other low-carb lists and such and usually add the program that I'm on in my signature, as well as my weight progress. I hadn't noticed anyone so far that does that, so I didn't bother. I find it helpful myself to know what program someone is on when I reading their post as didn't programs have different rules and allowances for carbs.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Chris (CAD)
255/239.9/180

tamarian
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:18
Originally posted by chriscub
I'm on other low-carb lists and such and usually add the program that I'm on in my signature, as well as my weight progress. I hadn't noticed anyone so far that does that, so I didn't bother. I find it helpful myself to know what program someone is on when
Chris (CAD)
255/239.9/180

It's quite usefull, I agree. We have a place to keep such info, if you click a member's profile, it should show this information. But having it in the sig line is even better. :)

Wa'il
Atkins
400/290/240 :)

Karen
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:29
I see you didn't make it to Vancouver either Chris! ;)

I think all the CAD'ers here may be lurkers...

Karen

chriscub
Tue, Jul-24-01, 19:38
;) I wanted to make it, but couldn't ;)

I noticed from old messages that you have meets with others at Starbucks.
From what I've heard, I'd be in seventh heaven there will all the Starbucks!

If I'm ever headed that way on a coffee pilgramage to the west, I'll let you know! :)

Chris (CAD)
255/239.9/180

DarB
Tue, Jul-01-03, 16:18
Welcome Chris,
Hope you like it here...I truly believe it is one of the most supportive and helpful places I have been to.
It says beside your little picture and stats that you are ATkins, but in your post you say CAD...you can change that in your profile if it is wrong.
Start a journal soon, that is how we all keep in touch...and the messages do tend to fly...lol
I think we are a wordy bunch.
Good luck, and I hopeto talk with you again soon