PDA

View Full Version : Hello All !!! I'm new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Lexy23
Sun, Jul-22-01, 10:31
Hello everyone. I am going to need alot of support to stay on this diet... until I start seeing results anyway. I am 23 and I have 2 kids, and that's pretty much what did it. I was on a low carb diet before I had my youngest and I lost 32 lbs. in 2 months, than I got pregnant and ate like a pig. Well he's 2 now so I no longer have any excuses. Wish me luck!! ;)

Lara
Sun, Jul-22-01, 11:03
Hi Lexi. I'm pretty new at this too. Hang in there because it works and you will feel so much better. I have two teenagers at home and boy are they eating more meat and veggies! Very rarely do I do a dessert for them either. It's better for them in the long run. Take care and check here as often as you can because it is mighty inspiring!!! Cheers, Lara. :)

tamarian
Sun, Jul-22-01, 11:11
Welcome aboard Lexy,

It should be quite easy to repeat your success. It's only tough the first few days.

Looking forward to hear about your progress!

Wa'il

Karen
Sun, Jul-22-01, 11:40
Welcome to the forum Lexy!

Wa'il is right. You know how to be successful with this. Think of it as a new way of life and eating instead of a diet. The thought will take you much further...;)

Karen

Joodsie
Sun, Jul-22-01, 18:43
Hi Lexy.. This is my first day on the Atkins lo carb diet. I have lots and lots of weight to lose and I hope I dont lose interest in this one like all the rest. I am going to take it one day at a time and set small goals of 10 lbs at a time... Good luck to both of us.

Lara
Mon, Jul-23-01, 11:04
Hi Joodsie. Glad you found this forum because if you come by daily you'll see how much support all these great people provide. I've almost floundered a couple of times but if I come here for my "fix" I'm back on track. Just one meal at a time and your water makes a big difference. Keep up the good work! Cheers.

debbiedobson
Tue, Jul-24-01, 17:27
welcome lexy! hey, i had 2 kids when i was 23, 3 when i was 25!:D i know this is a busy time for you! that's the problem really isn't it? there is no time for you! i remember how late i use to stay up when my kid were small! we all need our down time!

you don't need luck with your lowcarb plan! you need support! you've definitely come to the right place for that!:D

Lexy23
Tue, Jul-24-01, 18:25
Well, you guys certinally made me feel welcome here. I am glad that there are several of you out there that I can relate to. I don't want to get obsessed, but I can't wait to hop on the scale (that's a first), but I promised myself no peeking until saterday. I already feel a diffrence.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!