PDA

View Full Version : New name for our forum?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rosebud
Wed, Aug-13-03, 17:21
Hi to all my fellow over fifties.
I shall leave this poll open for two weeks, then will ask our wonderful webmaster to officially change our forum's name.

Roz

reowdy
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:37
I love most of those names.... but have picked on Fit and Fifty, cause I think it has to be something simple and obvious that will attract people in the first instance.... it was neck and neck with Fifty Plus and Fabulous...

Love TOFFs, think we should call ourselves TOFFs, but just worried that people may overlook it, cause they don't know what the acronym is for....

Great job Rosebud....

SDgrandma
Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:32
Thanks, Rosebud, for doing this. Great poll with lots of choices. Hard to pick just one. So far it's a 'dead heat.'

tamarian
Wed, Aug-13-03, 19:39
I like "TOFF"s but it just occured to me, it also stands for "The Old Farts Forum". But then again, many 50+ use it as humerous self depricatition, and/or as a term of endearment :)

Wa'il

MizSteaks
Wed, Aug-13-03, 20:03
Wa'il and Rosebud, thank you so much for your help with this. This 'old fart' appreciates your help! :lol:

Is it possible to have a thread on the main forum to let people know about the poll? I know there are still many who don't know this sub-forum is here for them...yet! :D

Nance :wave:

SDgrandma
Wed, Aug-13-03, 21:03
:lol: :lol: :lol: Wa'il!!

kidee
Thu, Aug-14-03, 06:37
Galloping Grandparents? Some of us may not have children, let alone grandchildren. :exclm:

SDgrandma
Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:29
I thought the same thing about Galloping Grandparents.

Right now Over Fifties Club is ahead with 2 votes. That's a good name.

What does the * mean after the colored bar after Fifties Plus Low Carbers? That was my vote.

geo53562
Thu, Aug-14-03, 18:44
I voted TOFFs...if I don't know what something is, I'll just take a look. Besides, it's got a "classy" ring to anyone who knows English slang from the late 1800's.:)

tofi
Fri, Aug-15-03, 19:38
I like TOFFs as it has a jaunty connotation. If someone doesn't understand the acronym, then they may come to investigate and stay.

We would just NEVER admit that we had heard of Wa'il's the Old F's whatever. Completely 'infra dig".

Rosebud
Fri, Aug-15-03, 19:58
Just to clarify the TOFFs acronym, The Over Fifties Forum will be included in brackets after it, so all will understand who we are.
(That's if we should choose that name :) )

Roz

katoman
Tue, Aug-19-03, 08:11
What does the * mean after the colored bar after Fifties Plus Low Carbers? That was my vote.
It's to show you which one you voted for.

rustpot
Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:48
I think The Old Farts Forum(TOFF) is vey LC.

It has that very irreverent constipatory feel about it. Not so sure abou the old however! :lol:

mariejoe
Sun, Aug-31-03, 17:23
:clap: :lol: :clap: