PDA

View Full Version : Grains....whole Wheats...anyone Successful Adding???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skeeweeaka
Wed, Aug-13-03, 15:15
Hi all...thinking about adding some cereal and low fat milk for breakfast... Could everyone please share their experiences.... I am afraid of gaining...and wanted to find out how it is working for others..

RoseTattoo
Wed, Aug-13-03, 15:48
Hi, Skee. Here's what I've added:

2/3 cup slow cooking oatmeal, about once or twice a week (14 net carbs). Other days I have the Keto oatmeal, which is delicious--although soy based, which I'm trying to cut down on--and has only 3 net carbs.

One slice most days of Alvarado St. Protein bread. Ingredients are sprouted organic whole wheat berries, organic millet, organic oats, sprouted organic corn, sprouted lentils, and sprouted organic soy beans. One slice has 8 net carbs.

But I still keep total carbs between 30-35 a day. On the days when I eat the oatmeal, I give up carbs in other things.

I'd love to try eating the grains I used to love, like brown rice, whole wheat cous cous, and kasha, but I'm too scared right now.

No weight gain on this other stuff. :)

skeeweeaka
Wed, Aug-13-03, 16:10
Hey Rose that's terrific.... Just ordered the hot Keto Cereal from Nutrient... Is that the one you are eating.... I am getting addicted to the boards Rose.... I guess I need the inspiration....lol.... Will try the hot cereal when I get it...also ordered some DiVinci syrups....yummm... I kept reading about how good they are so I decided to order a few...vanilla...and caramel...

RoseTattoo
Wed, Aug-13-03, 16:51
Skee, I have to confess I'm a total web addict...I belong to several forums (not all about nutrition, LOL), and chatter away on them constantly. :) The best part is that I've met such lovely people, from all over the world. And since I've never had the opportunity to travel, it really is a wonderful experience.

IMHO, the Keto Oatmeal is the single best low carb product out there...I'd eat it three times a day if I weren't concerned about the soy. I've had the plain, which is my favorite, and the apple-cinnamon, which is also delicious. Try it with a couple of teaspoons of ground flax seed and a milk, if you like. It's way yummy. :)

I like to use the flavored syrups (I have a different brand, but I think they're basically the same) with a little ricotta cheese topping a helping of blueberries. Tastes like cheesecake. :)

Please feel free to pm, if you want to chat more about this stuff (or anything else).

Kristine
Wed, Aug-13-03, 17:59
Hi! :wave: Why low fat milk? 'Tis best to use cream. You can dilute it so that it will be more "milky". :thup:

skeeweeaka
Wed, Aug-13-03, 18:26
Man Rose....thanks I think I will...I feel like I'm spending too much time on the internet so I'm going to limit myself again.... I appreciate the offer to PM you....and so I will lol.

Kristine cream sounds yummie...but I think Rose is on maintenance and probably trying to decrease her fat intake... But you know as soon as I get that Keto...I'm doing the cream...lol