PDA

View Full Version : Unpotato Salad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shannonp
Tue, Aug-12-03, 15:55
I got this recipe out of a book called 500 Low carb recipes --- I dont know if it has been posted before but this was the best potato salad (mock) that I've ever eated --- WHO NEEDS POTATOS??!!

1 lg head of cauliflower, cut into chuncks
2 c diced celery
1 c diced red onion
2 c mayo
1/4 c cider vinegar
2 tsp salt or Vege -Sal
2 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp pepper
4 hard boiled eggs - chopped

Nuke the cauliflower with a tblspn or so of water in a covered container for 7 mins and then let it sit ( still covered ) for 5 more min

Drain the cauliflower and combine it with the celery and onion

Combine mayo, vinegar, salt, Splenda, and pepper. Pour mixture over veggies and mix well - pour eggs in last and fold them in as to not break them up too much

according to book: 12 servings, 3 carbs and 1 gram of fiber and 3 grams of protein

The only side note I have from making this is that they really do mean a large head of cauliflower - mine are usually average and I cut down the "sauce" mixture otherwise its a little to runny for me. This is so good -make a double batch ;)

wils
Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:34
Yes I just recently got Dana Carpenters book also. I just tried that fauxtato salad last nite for supper. with the greek chicken recipe from the same book. YUMMY!!!!

jesdorka
Thu, Aug-14-03, 11:40
i have also used this great recipe and for a change i substitute the cauliflower with chopped cabbage (not nuked) :thup:

Auburn2932
Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:12
Hey, what gives, I tried to copy and paste this recipe with no luck, how come?

Shannonp
Sat, Aug-16-03, 08:36
Paste it into what program? If you were going to put it into Word, completely open the program first - bring up the receipe copy it then switch to Word and paste it. the less clicking between the copying and pasting the better. I dont know if this was the prob or not - let me know if it helped!!!