PDA

View Full Version : w00h00! Reached a Milestone & some observations

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

curlyabie
Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:02
Hello Everyone,

This morning I weighed myself and the scale said 225. This isn't an official average yet, but who cares. Just the thought that my scale could say that to me is good enough. I have lost 25lbs since I started lowcarbing. I thought that it would slow down when I switched from Atkins to calp but it has not at all.

This eating plan is really awesome. I cut out all of my fake sugar during the day. Only splenda or real sugar at rm. I don't eat breakfast except for coffee and cream. I eat a large size lunch with a meat and a lot of fresh uncooked veggies. At dinner I have eaten pretty much whatever I want. I have been trying to use LC bread when I can, whole grain pastas, and brown rice. I have gone out a couple of times and eaten off balance (I had fried catfish, coleslaw, and french fries this weekend) but overall I feel the best that I have in years.

I really hope this keeps up. This plan is a pure joy to be on and I think I've tried everything out there!

Abie

jesslive
Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:33
Curlyabie- Congratulations! :dazzle: :Party: I am glad you are on your way.

I have also just hit the 25lb. mark.

How did you like the switch from Atkins to CALP? Are you exercising as well? I am curious as I was thinking of doing Atkins Induction during the week, and maybe the reward meal on Sunday.

-Jess

curlyabie
Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:56
Thank you =) Congrats to you as well!!

I really enjoyed the switch. I was a little scared about adding in the RM. Every morning when I went to weigh I was expecting it to be higher because of what I ate the night before, but it never was.

I am doing cardio 3x a week. I do Walk Away the Pounds or use my stationary bike. I havent done anything else. I have joined a gym and will be meeting with a personal trainer next week. I want to start lifting weights.

I think that if I ever went back to Atkins at all I would follow cad/calp rules by limiting meal times and not having artifical sweetner. I was still craving on Atkins, with CALP I don't crave at all.

To do induction again I would have to be at a major stall, and I would go through my calp plan and make sure it was as clean as it could be before I resorted to that. I am loving calp to much to want to give it up.

I don't see any reason why combining the two shouldn't work though, as long as you do the calp schedule and don't try to do Atkins with a rm.

Abie

quikdeb
Tue, Aug-12-03, 14:50
Congratulations on the great loss! It is wonderful.

Deb

harleydee
Tue, Aug-12-03, 15:22
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

25 lbs already!! That's fantastic!! Keep it up!!

KittenLady
Tue, Aug-12-03, 16:42
Congratulations to another Atkins refugee -- great work! :yay:

Vel
Wed, Aug-13-03, 03:30
Way to go Abie!

Excellent start, keep up the great work.

Tracy

Jalera2003
Wed, Aug-13-03, 15:49
Abie - great work, isn't CAD wonderful?

Tess M
Thu, Aug-14-03, 13:38
Abie--Fabulous! :p You have much to be proud of...

Signey
Fri, Aug-15-03, 23:17
Hi Abie,
I switched from Protein Power to CAD and I am so much happier with the plan. Congratulations on your loss!
Signey

skinnyme
Sat, Aug-16-03, 20:58
Great job. I just changed from Atkins to CADS today. I hope I have great results just as you are having. Keep up your good work.