PDA

View Full Version : Zucchini Ribbons

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

marchbaby
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:19
A few zucchini
olive oil
garlic
salt
pepper

Peel your zucchinis. When peeled, keep peeling "ribbons" until you get to the seeds.

Heat oil and add garlic. Add zucchini and sautee for a few minutes, until fork tender. Add salt and pepper.

Add whatever sauce you like, and eat like spaghetti.

Very low carb & delicious, my non lc DH loved it!

LCalamari
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:25
March...WOW that sounds soooooooooo delish!!! :yum: I have to try that, thanks for sharing!!! : :yay:

RickinTN
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:27
I have never eaten Zucinni. But, I may have to try this

marchbaby
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:29
Rick, you won't be sorry. My Dh is not a big fan of squash of any kind, but this he ate!

retrochiq
Fri, Aug-01-03, 17:59
I have made these before with Alfredo sauce....oh it was delicious. Definitely satisfied my pasta cravings.....mmmmmmm

Mellow
Fri, Aug-01-03, 18:07
Thanks so much, MarchBaby. Can't wait to try this. I have zucchini coming out my ears at the moment, planted too many as usual. I so miss my zucchini bread. Been experimenting with that, but none of my experiments have been successful so far.

nikkil
Thu, Aug-07-03, 03:14
Thanks for this! I love, love, love zucchini and I actually planted some this year. Oh me with the brown thumb :lol: I figured why spend the money at the store (eat it almost every day)? It's not ready yet, but when it is....watch out!

thanks again,

N.

senimoni
Sun, Nov-09-03, 11:48
Can anyone clue me in on how to make a "ribbon"