PDA

View Full Version : don't want to end up like my mother

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

may
Wed, Jul-30-03, 05:04
hello everybody!
I used to write here a year ago and during that year I have been on and off the low carb diet more than I would care to admit. at the end I lost 5 kilos but because of the yo yo dieting not much fat has gone with that. I just finished my first year at university. I'm 22 and studying in a different country. it was a very hard year for me as I moved to a new country by myself and had to start a whole new life. I have been on and off diets since I was 13 and it worked but then when I was 20 I started gaining and could not cheat my way into a normal body any more. I know I have a lot of problems with food, emotional ones but I don't want to give up. I know this diet works and it is all about doing it for life. And still, it seems whenever I am doing it right I find a way to destroy my success and cheat, I don't even have cravings anymore it is purely psychological. my mother is 50 years old and had a lyposuction (I'm sure I spelled it wrong, I'm not a native speaker) and it has been a year and she already gained back most of the fat. I don't want to spend my life obsessing about food and want to spend the rest of my adult life happy with my body. I am looking for someone close to my age that understands the pressures of being 22 and can share their experience with me and could maybe get the same support from me.

Vpeach
Thu, Aug-07-03, 12:33
Hey May..lol..My name is Jessica and I was looking for somebody close to my age also..I'm 21..gonna be 22 in Nov. I went to Nicaragua for 6days and gained 7pounds...so I'm 156.5 right now... Where are you going to school? where are you from??

Vpeach
Tue, Aug-12-03, 11:56
hey! I'm just checking in on you...seeing how you are doing. I'm getting cable modem at my house today..so i'll be able to chat on a daily basis..yay!!!!