PDA

View Full Version : Ray Audette

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CantEven
Wed, Jul-23-03, 16:25
Here is an admittedly old, yet interesting, article on Ray Audette. It was originally featured in the Dallas Observer. You may have read it before but thought it was worth posting the link:

http://www.sofdesign.com/neanderthin/observer.html

~Danielle

nela
Wed, Aug-06-03, 09:26
Thanks for posting that! I'm glad to see Audette also cheats with ice cream! :lol:

Lobstergal
Wed, Apr-14-04, 00:40
I liked reading that article and I guess there is nothing wrong with having a scoop of Haagen-Daaz once in a blue moon.

I'm only human too. :D

Hellistile
Wed, Apr-14-04, 08:43
It may be old but it's well written and informative. I'm with Ray on the ice cream as well. The amazing thing is that I never craved or ate it before low carbing. Ironic isn't it?

batgirl
Wed, Apr-14-04, 12:00
I read that article before, but it is always good to know even Ray 'cheats' a little.

Ice cream... uh.. yeah... Did you know Ben & Jerry's has low carb ice cream?

Guess how I know? :blush:
I gave most of it to my DH, now I am waiting to see if I get sick.

I don't know whether to hope I do, or I don't... :rolleyes:

Hellistile
Wed, Apr-14-04, 12:59
Thanks Batgirl but I don't think Ben & Jerry's sells here in western Canada. I know there are sugar free ice creams sold here but the list of ingredients is longer than the tape measure that wraps around my hips and most of that list contains unpronouncable words that I have never heard of. Why can't they just keep it simple?: cream, stevia, butter, coconut.
Now those words I can understand. I should stop whining and make my own. It's simple enough once I scrape enough money to buy an ice cream maker. I love coconut ice cream! I suppose cheating on Paleo by doing Coconut ice cream, sweetened with stevia and using real cream can be forgiven, can't it? I've worked myself into a frenzy! HELP!

arcticslug
Wed, Apr-14-04, 13:59
I've seen Ben & Jerry's in BC...but I stay away from any aisle with stuff like that in it! If I eat fake sugary stuff it just makes me want to eat tons more of it.