PDA

View Full Version : Drawn to CAd, need advice

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Anikatt
Sun, Jul-20-03, 12:10
I returned to Atkins about 5 months ago, plus faithfully attending Curves 5 days a week. Initially lost about 4 lbs. and then nothing. I perservered knowing I had been a yo-yo dieter for so long and being on HRT's. With the few lbs lost I did lose some inches, but nothing significant, my clothes felt less tight but not loose. Started getting discouraged, but every time I fell off the wagon, just got right back on. Went on the fat fast last Sunday & the scale finally seemed to be moving downward, Friday I added more protein and salad, yesterday and this morning back up 2 lbs. I know I can't stay on the really strict fast for very long and this is driving me crazy. A few weeks ago bought the CAD book, had no idea what it involved and took the test. I seem to be a moderate CA but not sure if that's from being on Atkins I've been able to control some of the cravings. Anyway I'm drawn to CAD but somewhat afraid I'll start gaining again or lose the control completely or is it nuts to try this now? Does this all make sense, could use some advice please. Am starting to feel desperate. Sorry this is so long.

Zuleikaa
Sun, Jul-20-03, 13:02
Your statement "but every time I fell off the wagon, just got right back on is a sign to me. If that occurred about every three weeks or so, it's a binge cycle and a classic sign of a CA.

Unless you're actually allergic/sensitive to specific carb foods, CAD controls insulin and cravings.

CAD does need to be followed strictly for about three weeks to get a good read on your body responses. Generally if you follow the program strictly, appetite and cravings drastically decrease and you will feel the best you have ever felt on a "diet".

You must remember though that CAD is not Atkins with an RM. It is higher protein and lower fat than Atkins and certain foods allowed on Atkins are not allowed on CAD except at RM. If you eat the foods you ate on Atkins, i.e., nuts, AS, cream cheese, high fat, with the RM, you will gain weight!!

I would print out the cheat sheet and stall list in the forum and post them everywhere necessary. Follow the program strictly.

Also read CAD/CALP members journals and see what their eating and in what amounts. That would be very helpful.

I also suggest reading threads/posts in the CAD forum back about 3 months worth. The posts will answer a lot of questions, give you a lot of info and address issues that might concern you.

Commit to running the program "clean" for three weeks. Cut out possible stallers and learn your body.

Good luck!!

Anikatt
Sun, Jul-20-03, 16:33
Thanks Zuleikaa for your response. I did print the cheat sheet today and started to read posts in this forum. I think you could be right about about the binge cycle, although not sure how often they occurred.
I believe I can commit to the program "clean" for 3 weeks as you suggest, though I guess I'll have to be careful to get my mind set away from Atkins high fat and such. I will take your advice too about reading journals of other CAD/CALP members. Thanks again.

Zuleikaa
Sun, Jul-20-03, 16:35
Welcome!!!

gowe
Sun, Jul-20-03, 20:05
July 20, 2003

Hi Anikatt,

You've come to the right place for advice. Zuleikaa has a wealth of information.

I would just like to welcome you.

gowe