PDA

View Full Version : Depression and destroying your body

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amtuamor22
Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:30
Maybe I should not be posting here, but I guess its somewhat low carb related.

I have become extremely depressed with thoughts of suicide. Just broke up with boyfriend of 6 years. Actually he left me. I am so depressed my appetite has vanished. I know I'm just destroying my body and metabolism. I can barely put down the few tablepoons of oil I have been eating. So I guess I'm looking for any words of wisdom. How do I force myself to eating again to a healthy Atkins way of eating? :tears: Oh, and I'm also taking ephedra, if that wasnt bad enough, and have become re addicted to vicodin.

mammoth
Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:39
Hi am....
I am VERY sorry to hear about your situation. It is all very unfortunate and sounds like you are in the middle of a big mess.

FIRST: Get to your DOCTOR....PLEASE! Explain your situation...and let them offer you the help you need. You have "extra's" with the drugs etc that really need his advice. You really don't have much weight to lose...and I have a LEG that weighs more then you!!! So weight is not so much an issue for you....DEPRESSION IS...and I IMPLORE you to GET TO THE DOCTOR RIGHT AWAY. Suicide is NOT a solution to ANY problem...it only hurts the people you leave behind. Besides...no-one is worth THAT. And, BEFORE YOU WOULD EVEN CONSIDER SOMETHING THAT DRASTIC...there are BANKS you could rob, and go on GREAT vacations! :) What the hell...if you are considering suicide, jail would be a breeze! LOL! Seriously...see the DOCTOR!

Second: Take a look at atkins foods listings...accecptable foods etc...and EAT THEM! Please make sure you eat the correct foods and enough of them!

Third: Keep up the water...will HELP!

Fourth: EXERCISE the heartache away! This is a GREAT time for you to really get INVOLVED with yourself! FOCUS on YOU! For the first time in six years you can dedicate yourself to YOU!

Only time makes heartache easier...in the meantime, you should focus on YOU, your health...your mental state will get better with eating right and exercise in ways that will help you feel great.

I wish I had more to "give you"...but this is all I can think of. See the DOCTOR...EAT RIGHT....exercise...drink your water...and KEEP BUSY!
Best wishes to you:
Jake

amtuamor22
Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:46
Thanks Jake! I dont think my doctor would like to hear I'm on Atkins, but anyway thank you for your words.

mammoth
Wed, Jul-16-03, 21:50
I don't care if your doc like atkins or not...you have bigger issues then that...and your doctor WILL HELP YOU. Don't look for reasons to NOT see him...just get your skinny little ass over there and see him RIGHT AWAY. Get back on track...and do it under a doc's supervision...and do it NOW.

I don't care if the doc takes you off atkins...off ephedra...etc...better to be HAPPY and 14 pounds overweight then how you feel right now.

JUST DO IT....and do it NOW.
Best wishes;
Jake

LovableLC
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:01
I know it seems horrible right now, but I promise it does get better. Not over night but as time goes on it gets easier and easier. Right now focus on taking care of yourself. If you had even a remote thought of suicide please tell your doctor, you may need medicine to get you through this time, just for a little while. Do something about it now before it gets worse.
:bhug:

dreamer
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:05
From one recovering depressed addict to another I implore you obtain help from someone you trust. Someone close to you like a personal friend, mother brother or sponser.

Shit happens and now you must pick yourself up and take it one day at a time, maybe one minute at a time. Please take your time to over come your loss. It means taking baby steps. Take this time by yourself to do some soul searching, in order to do that you need your strength.

Eat little at a time so you don't make yourself ill, seek medical attention. It gets easier, don't medicate yourself...allow yourself to feel the hurt and it will pass.

Drink lots of water!

Take care of yourself.

caveman
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:07
You have had a loss and it is normal and healthy that you need a period of mourning. The best ways to get rid of depression is exercise, sex, sunshine and supportive friends.

Suicide is a stupid idea. While depressed your brain makes irrational conclusions, don't listen to it.

FionaMcB
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:11
Most of us have lost someone we love, or to put it bluntly, been dumped. It's just part of the learning curve as a human being. Don't let one breakup destroy you physically and emotionally, there are LOTS of poeple 'out there' to love, and who will love you.

As Jake said, Get yourself to a doctor, you need to be off the ephedra and the codeine,you'll feel better. Please let us know how you are .

zhyachts
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:49
Hey, if this clown isn't smart enough to maintain your relationship why would you want him around????

Been through this before, it takes a few days to realize its probably one of the best things that ever happened to you.

About the time you go on maintenance he'll be sniffing around again and you (or your new SO) can slam the door in his face.

mammoth
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:56
California SUICIDE and CRISIS HOTLINES WEBSITE:

http://suicidehotlines.com/california.html

PLEASE go there and check it out. GOOD info...and phone number to call....

1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433
Toll-Free in the U.S.
24 hours / 7 days

VERY best wishes;
Jake

Rosebud
Wed, Jul-16-03, 22:58
Hi Amtuamor,

Yes, I have to agree, please see your doctor and explain to him how you are feeling.

Put Atkins completely to the side. Your doctor needs to know that you are severely depressed - your diet is nowhere near as important as your suicidal feelings. I'm sure you'll find your doctor will be way more interested in your depression than your eating habits.

It is very normal and natural to lose your appetite in times of heartache. Don't worry, it will return in good time. Just try to snack a little when you can.

And please remember too - you have many friends here who care about you. :there:

Don't make any more excuses: pick up that phone and make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible! It is not just a good idea, it is ESSENTIAL! Your mental and emotional health is every bit as important as your physical well being.

And don't forget to keep us informed of your progress.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

DanaJo
Wed, Jul-16-03, 23:44
The ephedra will mess with you!!

I used to pop 6 Metabolife every morning with my 32 oz of coffee....
Besides being a raging BITCH, my lows were very low...
It's tough to get off, you'll be drained for a while, but you need
to get your mind cleared...and you need to eat!!

God Bless
Dana

tasche
Thu, Jul-17-03, 00:07
Oh please do get help. I got addicted to vicodin after I burnt my arm and it screws you up big time. Flush them down the toilet! Its the only way! It really feels much better than falling asleep in the bathroom. It makes your depression much worse! Take care and keep on posting

LisaUK
Thu, Jul-17-03, 02:22
amtuamor22 how are you doing?

You must go and see the Dr and you must go NOW. I live with a chronic depressive and believe me, your feelings are no joke. They need to be addressed and they need to be addressed as soon as you can.

Put your Atkins to one side. If all you're taking in is a few tbs of OIL then no wonder you are throwing up.

Suicidal thoughts will rule you rlife until you get yourself checked out. You have to have the willpower to carry on and quite frankly, having been there myself, being dumped is no reason to kill yourself but if you are suffering from major depression nothing else will seem more appealing than that.

Get to a Dr as soon as you can, get yourself into therapy or see a good grief counsellor.

You have lost a partner, therefore you will grieve. You need help, not more medication. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get yourself some help. You're worth it!!!

KEEP POSTING OR WE'LL WORRY LIKE MAD!

kellyuk
Thu, Jul-17-03, 02:29
Pick up the phone RIGHT NOW and call one of the numbers Jake posted, tell them how you're feeling and get some live one on one support, when you're through call for a doctors appointment, tell them it's URGENT and you have to get an appointment for this morning, tell your doctor everything, don't hold anything back because he/she may dissaprove, let them help you.

As for the diet, don't worry about it right now, try and get some LC nibbles inside you - have you got a good friend you can make a date with tonight and go out for a really nice meal and gossip together?

My advice for the ex - if he sees you walking around with your head down feeling miserable, he's 'won', just think how he's going to feel in a short while when you beat this depression and addiction and you're walking down the street feeling amazing and looking fabulous and all the guys are checking you out.

Stay strong, stay well, stay healthy - we care about you.

KatinkaKa
Thu, Jul-17-03, 02:56
Dear Amtuamor,
Like Jake says, please find some help! Forget about the diet for the
moment and eat! And if you can excersize, it's a great way of getting
rid of anger, frustration and grief.
I was dumped a few years ago and thought I would die. Well I didn't
and I'm glad about that because I've never been happier, met the
sweetest guy on earth, whom I would have never met if I had not
been dumped.. Believe me, the hurt gets less each day.
Please phone your doctor right now :read2: , we are all out here to give you all the support and love you want. :agree: KEEP IN TOUCH

Skamito
Thu, Jul-17-03, 03:01
We all care about you. Please, please get help. Call friends, call family, call those numbers, call your doctor. You're too important to treat yourself badly. You can help yourself get healthy.

Please, please, do it now, or, well, as soon as you're done reading this thread with tons of people who hope you're okay. :) Please check in with us and let us know how you're doing.

Best to you.

tina-mich
Thu, Jul-17-03, 03:17
Please, call one of those numbers that Jake has posted you are very important to your family and friends. Please check in and let us know how you are doing. Life is to important. I am praying for you please, please, get help. We are all here to support you. Keep us posted.We care Tina

Joe Joe
Thu, Jul-17-03, 03:32
Hi Am,

We're about the same age (I'm 25 days younger!) :) and I know what you're going through. I dealt with some serious depression a couple of years ago while in college, though at first, I handled it quite differently than you are now. I turned to food for comfort and just kept eating. I stayed inside all day and just ate the foods I loved. I've fought depression a couple of times, and what always seems to help, is when I surround myself with friends and family.

If you don't feel comfortable talking to your doctor just yet, then call up some close friends or family members. Just to be around people who care about you can be very uplifting! They can help your mind turn to more productive things, maybe even over dinner!

And don't worry about Atkins at this point, just think about eating anything. Your body needs fuel before it can start to feel better.

I'd hate for any of this to sound like a lecture at all... I just really want to see you get better! If you need to chat ever, send me a PM, I'm pretty good at talking about relationships and depression.

I'll keep checking back here, hope you post again soon,
Jeff

kevidona
Thu, Jul-17-03, 04:24
Please call your Doctor or talk to someone of the numbers that Jake has given you. Personally, I think you should get off the ephedra and vicodin right now and don't worry to much about what your eating. Eat lots of protein, drink lots of water and do some aerobic excercise.

You already know that you can come here and talk to us and that we are here for you. Any day and any time. You are one of us and we take care of all here. So, please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Kevin

Paleoanth
Thu, Jul-17-03, 04:46
Ephedra can cause moments of psychosis and suicidal thoughts. It can also cause severe physical problems which is why the NFL has banned it. My mom took it for a while before she found Atkins and it made her think crazy thoughts. There was a huge article in Time magazine about the effects of ephedra. I realize your situation is part of the problem, but I bet the ephedra is messing with your head. You don't need any more stress. Please get off the ephedra immediately.

Post soon and let us know how you are feeling.

whyspers
Thu, Jul-17-03, 05:36
A lot of times its hard to see past the situation we are currently in and think that things will always be this way. Think back on your life and the different crossroads you have come to. Is your life the same now as it was six years ago? Ten years ago? One year ago? Of course not. Life brings changes and this too will pass. Suicide is never the answer and if you do that, then you will never know the good changes that could be right around the corner for you.

I learned at a *very* young age that no man (or person) is worth destroying yourself over. If I can pass that one lesson on to my daughters, then I will consider myself a successful mother. Get to know yourself. When you become acquainted with you intimately, your happiness will not depend on external sources.

I'm sorry you are going through this. When one door closes, another one will open.

L

mammoth
Thu, Jul-17-03, 06:33
Hey AM...How about you check-in with us so we know how you are?
We are all worried about you. Let us know, please, that you are OK.
Best wishes;
Worried-Jake

MaggieP
Thu, Jul-17-03, 08:13
But we care about you and we want you to GET HELP!

Get off the ephedra - besides causing heart attacks it has all those nasty other side effects. You are not doing yourself any favors by taking it.

Grief can produce temporary appitite loss. It won't kill you, but you might want to make sure to take a normal vitamin supplement. DON"T worry about sticking to atkins. Like Jake said, you don't have that much to lose, and you have bigger issues at stake. Eat what you can.

Most importantly - go see a professional. Suicide is NEVER an answer, and your doctor can help you. We care, and we don't want to see you hurt yourself.

Maggie

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:07
Thank you everyone for the responses. Indeed they made me feel a bit better in my time of distress. I'll be working on my new image and new body and he'll see what he lost out on. Thanks again for all the postings.

BublyBlond
Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:33
Losing someone you love is a real BUMMER!!! :cry: and we've all gone through it. It may seem difficult at times to get out of bed in the morning, but DO IT and function the best you can. I think you will naturally lose some weight with the emotional trauma you are going through. But focus on one thing at a time and right now it sounds like YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT!!! :yay:
Mammoth gave good advice about seeing your doctor, there is nothing to be ashamed of it life gives you too much at one time. Your human and can only handle so much. ;)
Have you thought about maybe starting a journal here on the forum??? I think that may be a good way for you to each day write down your feelings about the breakup, weight loss, anything, and we can all post in your journal and give you words of encouragement!! :wiggle:

Keep in touch with us!!!

God
Bless :angel:

Parasite
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:14
I'll be working on my new image and new body and he'll see what he lost out on.

Damn Straight!

It's time for you to concentrate on yourself, and have some fun. But please get-off the self perscribed additives. You may need to check with your doctor first - but once you do, you will feel much better.

Jannie
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:27
Do NOT let this clown have this kind of power over you-if you commit an irreversible act, you're the one paying the price, and he wins. He's NOT WORTH IT!

Get some help, sweetie, the sooner the better-we're all rooting for you! :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

saffron28
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:28
Dear Amtuamor;

I have to agree with all the wise words of encouragement that everyone has given you. I was eight years into a marriage when I found out that the hubby had been having an affair for over a YEAR behind my back. The pain and grief were devastating. I understand how you feel. The best thing I did for myself was to go to the doctor, and seek help for the depression. Then I surrounded myself with good friends and family, and started rebuilding my life, and myself. After a while I realized that the break up was in reality the best thing that had ever happened to me. Take this time, grieve, and take care of YOU! Like one of the others said, "One door closes, and another one opens". We are all here for you, and care about you. Keep in touch and let us know that you are ok.

Bon
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:47
Am, change can be a very good thing... pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and re-commit yourself to the things that are important to you (NOT your ex). Do something nice for yourself...

If your doc will not help you, find a doc who will. Some of them think they're God himself... find one who will listen to you.

I agree with Jake about exercising your anger and hurt away. Exercise can be very healing physically AND emotionally.

Nothing in our lives stays the same, and for good reason. Everything that happens happens for a reason. Something wonderful will come out of this, just wait and see! Just look at all these posts!! People who have never met you are so concerned and worried about you!

Keep fighting the good fight. We're all here for you! :there:

doreen T
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:54
hi amtuamor,

You've got some good, caring advice from wonderful folks here. :there: Try to treat yourself as you would treat your best friend if the same thing had happened to her. Be caring and generous and kind. You are strong, and will survive this .. and seeking a little guidance and professional advice will be so helpful on your path to healing and wholeness.

:rose:

Doreen

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:55
A million thank you's to everyone for the kind words. I'm starting to feel better already, just got to get my appetite back and hopefully not gain all the weight back that I lost. :rolleyes:

Jeanne Sch
Thu, Jul-17-03, 11:12
:cry: You poor sweety! :cry:

Remember this, there was something wrong with him to leave you - the issues were his.

Now, just think of all the wonderful guys you get to sample! :) :)

We are all here for you -Atkins topics or not! :)

When you are up to it, start by going on line and flirting with some guys - will get your mind off of MR CREEPY ;) and it is harmless to do so. It will make you realize that there is nothing UNWORTHY about you and heck, men like you! :yay:

Remember to eat :)

tina-mich
Thu, Jul-17-03, 15:05
nytime that I thought it was the end of the world for me, it always turned out to be always the best for me. There is someone out there that is your soul mate. Hang in there and stay in touch.
Tina

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-17-03, 15:15
Hope to find my soul mate. I was under impression that this last one was "the one". We had even talked of planning our wedding a few months ago, so thus i'm deeply hurt and depressed.

Thanks again everyone for your posts.

tina-mich
Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:42
Am,
How are you doing today?? I was just thinking about you ? I hope that you have a great weekend.
Try to keep busy with your friends or family.
Take care Tina

amtuamor22
Fri, Jul-18-03, 19:10
Am,
How are you doing today?? I was just thinking about you ? I hope that you have a great weekend.
Try to keep busy with your friends or family.
Take care Tina

Thanks Tina-mich for thinking of me. I'm doing better I guess, just taking it day by day. I started eating meat again, and have gained a little weight back. :( Oh well, I guess i'll have to start exercising again. :wiggle: And to keep myself busy, I have been working on web site. This is not low carb related, but you can look if you like.

http://www.bui4ever.com/andrea/myride/

Thanks all for your insight and posts. :)

Skamito
Sat, Jul-19-03, 01:40
Oooh, with a car that awesome and a kitten that cute, how dare you worry about that former a-hole of yours? ;)

Site looks great. Have to say I'd take Stripes over that ride anyday though. What a cutie. :)

Oh and I have to tell you that my cat Cassie looks a lot like the cat in your avatar. I'll post a pic of her for fun.

amtuamor22
Sat, Jul-19-03, 10:30
Oooh, with a car that awesome and a kitten that cute, how dare you worry about that former a-hole of yours? ;)

Site looks great. Have to say I'd take Stripes over that ride anyday though. What a cutie. :)

Oh and I have to tell you that my cat Cassie looks a lot like the cat in your avatar. I'll post a pic of her for fun.

:lol: ....yeah, I finally realized after all my friends telling me, it was his loss not mine. I have so much more going for me then he does.

Anyway, I love my Acura, as you can tell. :) The cat in my avatar "was" Whiskers. I had to put him down a few months back due to cancer. :cry: It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I had him since I was 13 years old.

But now comes along Stripes. :) She is the next chapter in my life. She is 4 months old and I hope she gets to see me grow and I see her grow. :agree:

tina-mich
Sat, Jul-19-03, 10:57
I love your Acura it really is a sharp looking car-
Stripes is soo cute. Tha site looks great. Take care Tina.

tina-mich
Mon, Jul-21-03, 11:09
How are you Amtuamtor? I hope that your weekend went well for you. I was busy all weekend. I would love to hear from you to see what you've been up to.

amtuamor22
Mon, Jul-21-03, 11:14
How are you Amtuamtor? I hope that your weekend went well for you. I was busy all weekend. I would love to hear from you to see what you've been up to.

Weekend was ok i guess. I ate all kinds of junk food, cookies, etc. :nono: I guess i'm starting over today, and I saw ex on the way to work this morning on the freeway. I'll try not to let my emotions get to me again. :(

skeeweeaka
Tue, Jul-22-03, 20:44
Hi Amtuamor,

Yes, I have to agree, please see your doctor and explain to him how you are feeling.

Put Atkins completely to the side. Your doctor needs to know that you are severely depressed - your diet is nowhere near as important as your suicidal feelings. I'm sure you'll find your doctor will be way more interested in your depression than your eating habits.

It is very normal and natural to lose your appetite in times of heartache. Don't worry, it will return in good time. Just try to snack a little when you can.

And please remember too - you have many friends here who care about you. :there:

Don't make any more excuses: pick up that phone and make an appointment to see your doctor as soon as possible! It is not just a good idea, it is ESSENTIAL! Your mental and emotional health is every bit as important as your physical well being.

And don't forget to keep us informed of your progress.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

First I agree, I hope you have contacted a crisis hotline so that you can get some instant help.... Second, either go to the hospital or contact your doctor immediately after crisis support. Third, DON'T GO OFF THE DIET!!!! Get rid of all the crappy stuff that you are eating and do Atkins or Protein Power as closely as you possibly can... I AM A MANIC DEPRESSANT. I can tell you that I have been disabled for 4 years... I can tell you that I have been suicidal as recent as a month ago... I started the diet after being hospitalized and asking God for help...the 100th time.... My doctor prescribed yet another mood stablizer and antidepressant and antipsychotic... I decided that I would take the antipsychotic but slowly ween myself off of some of the other meds...AND CHANGE MY DIET... After one week on Atkins, my tremors in my hands from the meds were gone... After two weeks I felt clearer in mind and spirit. After a month...I could stay awake all day!!!! And this for a person who did not get out of bed unless she was MANIC... When I consume bad carbs...my mind goes back to racing uncontrollably and I get severly depressed again... I start to sweat profusely and am a raging bull, unable to control any of my emotions.

Please try to stay on it at least for a month to see how it affects your moods...it has truely changed my life.... It has not eliminated all of my symptoms...but I would say that I am half way there and fighting my way back...

I will pray for you...you can do it!!!! :)

tina-mich
Wed, Jul-23-03, 09:52
Rosebud and Skee are right. I hope that you made an appt. with Doctor or therapist that is soo important. Please let us know we all care.

amtuamor22
Wed, Jul-23-03, 10:00
Looks like i'm back to where I started. My mind is consumed with unbelievable rage and my heart with infinite sadness. Ex instant message me making small talk, only to find out he just wants back an item he left at my house. :devil: I cant help but feel so much rage inside and dont know how to deal with it. How can someone love you for 6 years and then not care at all if you were to die tomorrow?????? I just dont get it. I made a comment that he might as well get a gun point to my head and pull the trigger cause it would make him feel better. His response, "OK" :mad: I probaly should not be posting all this here, but oh well. I feel consumed by his power over me, and dont know how to deal with it. As far as counseling, I guess I could try, I only have 3 sessions per year that are paid for. Oh and BTW, just got notice of possible lay off. When it rains it really fuckn pours. I have been pushed so deep into the ground, i guess i can only move on up now.

Just venting, thanks for reading. :agree:

skeeweeaka
Wed, Jul-23-03, 17:14
Looks like i'm back to where I started. My mind is consumed with unbelievable rage and my heart with infinite sadness. Ex instant message me making small talk, only to find out he just wants back an item he left at my house. :devil: I cant help but feel so much rage inside and dont know how to deal with it. How can someone love you for 6 years and then not care at all if you were to die tomorrow?????? I just dont get it. I made a comment that he might as well get a gun point to my head and pull the trigger cause it would make him feel better. His response, "OK" :mad: I probaly should not be posting all this here, but oh well. I feel consumed by his power over me, and dont know how to deal with it. As far as counseling, I guess I could try, I only have 3 sessions per year that are paid for. Oh and BTW, just got notice of possible lay off. When it rains it really fuckn pours. I have been pushed so deep into the ground, i guess i can only move on up now.

Just venting, thanks for reading. :agree:

It will get better but you have to move forward with your life.... I know it isn't easy because I've been there.. Life is very short...start getting out there and making new friends...call old ones... anything to take your mind off of it.... Take a walk....go to the bookstore... Anything but stay in the house and become more depressed....

Skamito
Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:02
Amtuamor,

Just remember that you are worth so much more than him and his hurtful actions. Breakups are hard no matter what the circumstances and I think you really need me-time to heal from this. I can imagine the pain you're going through, but it's very important that you shove him out of your cares and care about yourself.

Skeeweeaka is right. Go out, treat yourself to healthful fun. Walks, family, friends, take yourself out. Remember how important you are and just please take care of yourself.

P.S. This seems like a good time to use the counseling services even if only three are paid for. Even talking to someone once may make a big difference.

Hope you feel better soon. I know it's hard, hang in there. :)

tina-mich
Wed, Jul-23-03, 20:30
I know what your going through because I've been there and alot of other people I know have also. Just try to be postive. That really helps. You deserveso much better. There are alot of evil people in this world. You deserve the best.

BublyBlond
Thu, Jul-24-03, 07:55
Amtuamor, I've been out of the loop for a little while, but when I got back on the forum, on one the first things I had to do was see how you were doing? I'm glad to see that you are hanging in there :p I TRULY felt your pain, for I went through this a year ago. I am a firm believer that it is harder to let go of the dream that you had with someone than to actually let go of the physical person. Our minds get so wrapped up in marriage, soul mates, love, children etc... that, that dream is SO DAMN HARD to let go of and in the meantime the person themselves is not so hard.
You truly have people that care here on the forum. So take advantage that, talk to us, cry to us, etc...
Nice website by the way. It seems that things like that keep you busy and your mind off of things. GOOD JOB!!! :yay:
I would have to agree with everyone else on the 3 counseling sessons. You know what they say, "some is better than none" so go for it and keep us posted on how your doing!

HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU DESERVE IT :yay: :dazzle: :Party: :wiggle:

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:43
I dont what to say, i'm so touched by everyone's posts. :cry: Tears of happiness I guess. Thank You. It seems I'm having problems with my eating habits. First i'm not hungry at all and eat the bare minimum like oil fasting, then as soon as i saw a chocolate cake in the fridge, I almost ate half. Now i feel like :Puke: and i could just do this to myself :bash: . I still seem to have a major problem with midnight cravings and dont know how to stop them. I do so good all day and middle of the night I get sooooooo damn hungry. Yeah, i know its bad. :nono: :p

Oh, and BTW, I'm gonna work on posting a pic of myself on here instead of cat, so u can see who your talking to. I like how some of you have your pic in avatar, so i can see just who i'm talking to. :)

Thanks everyone,
Andrea

BublyBlond
Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:55
Those midnight cravings can be a real bummer :eek: Have you tried drinking lotsa water and maybe having some low carb munchies available like Pork Rinds or something. Once you stop feeding your body the garbage food hopefully it will stop craving it. At least that's what worked with me. :p
I am also trying to get a pic to put on also.
Take care Andrea :yay: :yay:

Tanna
Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:20
You need to go to a treatment center and Detox from the opiates they will make you very depressed and so will the ephedra

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:32
You need to go to a treatment center and Detox from the opiates they will make you very depressed and so will the ephedra

I'm already off the vicodin. :agree: As far as ephedra, I believe i'm doing ok with it, I just cut my dose. To help sleep, I take a natural herb/vitamin or the other natural herb. :lol:

mammoth
Sun, Jul-27-03, 22:56
OK:
ENOUGH of this CRAP!
So BIG DEAL...You ate choclate cake! The world will not stop spinning. Hell...if it makes you HAPPY eat some more! You weigh about the same as HALF my ass, so whats it matter anyway! EAT...WHATEVER helps you get past your current pain and "carry-on" is worth doing.

Now; I realize fully that food dependancy is NOT a good thing...and normally I would NOT advocate this. BUT, under YOUR circumstances, ANYTHING that will bring you happiness and gratification is worth doing right now. You can make it up and lose those few pounds back later. JUST BE HAPPIER....and if that means choclate cake, I say EAT CAKE! I would be happy to eat cake also, on your behalf, if it would help! :)

Listen kiddo, in all seriousness:
You need to get a grip. You cannot expect to "forget" about someone you loved right away. It is no different then losing a mate to death etc...you MUST grieve and allow yourself the process. However...you do NOT need think about harming yourself to grieve. AND, if those thoughts hget into your mind, then you have an OBLIGATION to all those who care for you and cherish you, to seek help.

On page one of this thread I posted phone numbers you could call. FREE HELP. Did you call? Are you trying to help yourself with this? Because that is EXACTLY what you NEED to do. Have you seen your Doctor yet? If not, WHY?

I care NOTHING about your "ex" in all this. If he needs help...he can find it also. It is YOU that is here and part of OUR family...and YOU better get your head together and at least know when to seek HELP should you need it. The chocolate cake is not a solution...if it helps for now, have it....but the bigger issue is getting grief counseling, and suicide counseling, and that is WHAT YOU WILL DO, and do it NOW.

I fully expect to hear good things from you in this regard, and SOON.

Also; Change your user name so your "ex" cannot IM you anymore. Change the locks on the doors...etc......throw out his "stuff"...and get him out of the home in that manner. Get counseling, and get him out of your HEAD and HEART in THAT manner. AND, give it TIME because that is what it takes also. Grief can be overwhelming. You MUST make an effort to garner ALL the tools available to fight it. This is your obligation...your responsibilty...your MISSION.

DO IT.
DO IT NOW.
If you need HELP...phone numbers...support groups...information,...ETC...send me a private message and I will do everything humanly possible to get you what you need and the help you need for your location. ALL of us here will help any way we can...but YOU have to participate too.
Now, as Dr. Laura would say; "Go take on the day"!
Best wishes;
Jake
PS: Lose the Leo Buscaglia tag-line. Its too "deep" for you right now. Instead, go with the famous words of CURLY (from the Threee Stooges):
"Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk"!
Don't know what that is? Rent some video's of them and watch them. You will LAUGH!

gawdess
Mon, Jul-28-03, 10:11
Hopefully I am not too late to provide you a little more encouragement.....I am sorry to hear your boyfriend has left....that must be hard too cope with...I know when I am alone and sad about it I always try to remember that I am the only one who will walk with me the entire time through this life. I cant do a whole lot about it but take those alone times as a chance to explore myself and grow. Please try to do the same...
I can also relate to your addiction . I have been struggling for about two years now with a list of my own. Its not easy to get past these things, and I cannot sit here and lecture you. All I can do is recommend you flush the pills and get some help....the sooner the better.. It takes a lot of courage to do it...even more to admit that you need help....Please hang in there...Things will get better again, they always do...

peiqinglon
Mon, Jul-28-03, 12:16
Everyday is a struggle for something...life is not easy. And then again, usually things that are worth anything aren't either. There will always be some kind of obstacle that will attempt to pull you down, make you quit the race, discourage you from the path, and so on. You can not let any of that win over you. No matter what happens, you must remember you have the power over yourself to decide how you want to continue to feel and act. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to be hurt, but you must move on. Allowing yourself to be stuck in one chapter of the book of your life is gonna get you no where. At times the struggle is hard and sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is so far that we may not even see it at all. But you can not allow yourself to falter, you must still believe that the light is still there ready to greet you even if you can't see it. Along way as you tackle the obstacles, there will people there with you. Some will help you, some will try to bring you down. Trust your heart and trust those who you believe will help you. You do not have to go through anything alone if you choose not to. Part of loving is being hurt sometimes, but you can not let the hurt win over you. You are a beautiful person, a beautiful friend, my confidant, and my best friend. Just know, I love you.

amtuamor22
Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:01
Just thought I would update you all..........if i have nothing positive to say, i'm just gonna be quiet. :p

Skamito
Tue, Jul-29-03, 16:07
You're beautiful! :)

tina-mich
Wed, Jul-30-03, 07:36
Hi Am just checking to see how you are? I've been out of town for a while. Hope that you are feeling a little more positive. By the way you are beautiful . Please let me know how everything is going. I care for you but you also have to care for yourself. Take care Tina

amtuamor22
Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:35
Just taking one day at a time.

amtuamor22
Wed, Jul-30-03, 10:41
Everyday is a struggle for something...life is not easy. And then again, usually things that are worth anything aren't either. There will always be some kind of obstacle that will attempt to pull you down, make you quit the race, discourage you from the path, and so on. You can not let any of that win over you. No matter what happens, you must remember you have the power over yourself to decide how you want to continue to feel and act. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to be hurt, but you must move on. Allowing yourself to be stuck in one chapter of the book of your life is gonna get you no where. At times the struggle is hard and sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is so far that we may not even see it at all. But you can not allow yourself to falter, you must still believe that the light is still there ready to greet you even if you can't see it. Along way as you tackle the obstacles, there will people there with you. Some will help you, some will try to bring you down. Trust your heart and trust those who you believe will help you. You do not have to go through anything alone if you choose not to. Part of loving is being hurt sometimes, but you can not let the hurt win over you. You are a beautiful person, a beautiful friend, my confidant, and my best friend. Just know, I love you.

Thank you for making my life brighter. :sunny: :)

tina-mich
Thu, Jul-31-03, 06:56
Good Morning Am was thinking about you so I thought that I would just drop a little note. Take care of yourself. Tina

aneredac
Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:37
Hi Am,
I hope that you are hanging in there. I just found this thread and wanted to add my penny's worth.
I have been dealing with major depression for the last 14 years or so. Prozac really has helped me.

Therapy has helped more.
In the Bay area, there will be places where you can get free or low-cost therapy, so I hope that you take advantage of the lovely place that you live.

Getting dumped hurts more than words can say. I was involved with my ex for six years, fully planning on spending the rest of my live committed to that person, and suddenly one day, realized that there was someone else that meant more to my ex than I did, and yup, within a week I was single again.

It hurts like hell, and it does not go away for awhile. I have finally begun to realize that I deserve a lot better than I had in that relationship, but sometimes I still wonder what was wrong with me that I got dumped.

While food is less destructive than drugs in the short term, please get help and figure out if there are any other reasons (besides all the current stress) that add to the mix.

No matter how badly we are hurt, it is possible to recover. The process may be slow, but your life can improve.

I am still recovering from my childhood. It has not been easy, but I am getting there. And this past weekend I actually spend a couple of days with the family I grew up with, and when I left I didn't binge!

This must be a first for me!

I hope this was helpful rather than just being all about me me me...
Please take care. Part of the problem with dependencies is they can convince you that they really are helping you. And it may be that in the short run they are.

You are strong enough to face whatever has happened to you in your life.

Good luck and hang in there.
Rena

amtuamor22
Thu, Jul-31-03, 08:51
I'm still hanging in there, another day, another step. :agree:

peiqinglon
Thu, Jul-31-03, 11:17
Thank you for making my life brighter. :sunny: :)

I'm still hanging in there, another day, another step.

:cheer: :bhug: :rheart:

tina-mich
Wed, Aug-27-03, 18:40
Hi Am I haven't forgotten you please let us know how everything is?

amtuamor22
Thu, Aug-28-03, 08:47
I'm doing well, thanks for asking Tina-Mich :)