PDA

View Full Version : Easy Whey Protein Crepes

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lueezeee
Tue, Jul-15-03, 06:11
Easy Whey Protein Crepes

3oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 tsp splenda
2 tbsp whey protein
1/2 tsp baking power
1 tsp vanilla

Microwave cream cheese until very soft. Add eggs, mix until smooth. Add whey power, splenda, baking power and vanilla until smooth. Cook on medium-low heat in a buttered frying pan.

I put a little sugar free strawberry preserves on them this morning... delicious!

I apologize for not knowing the carb count... maybe someone could help me?

rozezone
Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:23
Fantastic, thanks! I loved em...plan to experiment a lot with the whey powder in the future, it works really well doesn't it?

lueezeee
Sun, Jul-20-03, 08:55
I know... I was surprised because they even puff up a little!

TBird710
Thu, Sep-18-03, 00:04
Hi-

I figured the carb count to be approximately 9 grams for whole recipe. Thought you'd like to know.

saltnpeppa
Thu, Sep-18-03, 19:51
Hi-

I figured the carb count to be approximately 9 grams for whole recipe. Thought you'd like to know.

off the top of my head, that seems high; maybe your why powder has more carbs. my designer whey has 2 carbs for more than 4 tbspns.

3oz cream cheese -- 3 carbs
2 eggs ---1.5 carbs
1 tsp splenda - 1 carb
2 tbsp whey protein -- 1 carb
1/2 tsp baking power - negligible
1 tsp vanilla - same

maybe 6-7