PDA

View Full Version : Multi Functional Delish Creamy Cheesey Salsa Sauce

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

etoiles
Tue, Jul-15-03, 01:58
I have never posted a recipe before this one but this was so delicious I just had to share it with you! :roll:

Made this tonight and we had it over taco salads but it could easily be put over a cut of meat or chicken. It is also a delicious dip which we used for some fried low carb tortillas.

It is also dish washing friendly because you just use the food processor over and over again!

Creamy, Cheesey, Salsa Sauce

2 plum tomatoes; quartered
1/4 red onion; peeled
3 cloves garlic; peeled
1 jalapeno pepper; seeded, de veined
1 small bunch cilantro (fresh)
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1 tablespoon sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
salt and pepper; to taste

1. Using a food processor, finely chop tomatoes. Pour into medium bowl and set aside. Process red onion until fine, add to bowl of tomatoes. Use processor to chop garlic cloves, add to tomatoes and onions. Repeat with a halved jalapeno and cilantro.

2. Add remaining cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice to food processor. Add tomato salsa mixture. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Happy eating! :yay:

SKaTeRNL
Wed, Aug-06-03, 00:41
I tried it and you were right. It is delicious and it was very easy to make. I used it over a some mexican spiced chicken and it tasted fabulous.

5 out of 5 stars!