PDA

View Full Version : hard time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

anais57
Sun, Jul-13-03, 09:13
i think i just need to vent. i am so tired of being so tired. i am not very patient at being a patient. i am in my 3rd week of recovery from an appendectomy. unfortunately, i had a setback by picking up my 2 yr old niece... i didn't even think about it when i did it. since then i have the worst couple of days. i will call the surgeon tomorrow. i am not in pain but there is discomfort inside. i probably strained it. i am exhausted all of the time. yesterday and today i have had migraines:bash: my body feels like a water balloon. my weight is up...179# and the inches are up in my waist 37"... although they blew up in my obliques...48", they are now back down...45".
i know healing takes time, but it is summer! i was so active. if i can get rid of this headache, i will make a drive to these falls i love to sit by and read the afternoon away:read: i am very fortunate in that i live in a very beautiful place and i have a gorgeous view from my house. i am trying to be appreciative. any sage words would be appreciated. anyone else have their progress halted at some point and how did you cope? :help:

thanx
catherine

DDMariana
Sun, Jul-13-03, 10:43
Oh, Catherine...I can so relate to this. I had surgery a year ago last June and was just wrapped like a mummy around the middle to try and beat the bloating, and to keep everything still and in place. It's not comfortable to say the least... and it made me nuts after a while... then you feel good enough to "do something" and you're back down with a setback.

Well, don't get too out of sorts about the swelling and all that. It took a while, but the inner stuff needs to take it's time and do it's own kind of healing. The swelling and discomfort could be fluid - natural for the body to fill in fluid when something's been taken out!

I know it's hard to have your routine interrupted! Jeez...once I'm on a roll I don't like to have my program messed with because it's hard for me to get back to it! But consider that you're doing "internal" exercising for the time being, and your sitting and reading...perfect mental exercise.

Remember, we're body, mind and spirit... your body's in healing mode right now, so just concentrate on the other two for now. It won't be much longer until you can do something leisurely, and eventually build back up to normal.

Hang in there! :angel:

Zuleikaa
Sun, Jul-13-03, 19:29
I think Donna said it all. You just have to occupy the mind and have patience.

You could also try 1 tsp. natural apple cider vinegar in 8 0z. water twice or more times a day to help with the fluid.

anais57
Mon, Jul-14-03, 05:40
thanks zuleikaa... i do drink acv water 2x a day. i rested all day yesterday and finsihed 780 pages of harry potter! it is overcast today i will catch up on emails and reading locarbing boards :)