PDA

View Full Version : Simple Soup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Rosebud
Fri, Jul-11-03, 20:23
Cauliflower and Chicken Soup

Serves 1.

1 chicken drumstick (or other piece of chicken)
About a cup or so of cauliflower
Generous dollop of cream
Olive oil - optional
Spring onion - optional

Place drumstick into saucepan and cover with water. Simmer until flesh is just cooked. Remove flesh from the bone and place in fridge. Return the bone to the pan, and boil until ready for lunch. :p I usually start the process in the morning - the longer the chicken bones cook, the tastier the stock.
Strain liquid and return to the pan. Add chopped cauliflower (broccoli or other vegie works well too), spring onion and a dollop of olive oil. Boil until cauli has softened and add the cream. return to the boil, then "foozle" with handheld blender. Chop chicken flesh, and add to the soup.

Enjoy!

There are many variations. The other day I cooked the cauli in some stock (I always make my own by just simmering chicken bones for ages - the commercial stuff is always too salty for me), added the cream, foozled, then added some chopped, grilled bacon. Yummy!

DarB
Sun, Jul-13-03, 00:06
Thank you Rosebud...looks great..I am going to make it soon.

acipenser
Mon, Sep-29-03, 11:48
okay, what is, "foozle" with handheld blender???

thanks

Rosebud
Mon, Sep-29-03, 16:45
okay, what is, "foozle" with handheld blender???

thanks
:lol: Blend, whiz. I just use silly words sometimes. Sorry to confuse you.

:rose:Rosebud:rose: (hanging head down in shame for bein' silly)

acipenser
Wed, Oct-01-03, 14:27
now i know... :roll:

thank you.

TarHeel
Wed, Oct-01-03, 14:45
I quite like the word "foozle". Though are you absolutely sure it is is not spelled "foozel"?

Kay