PDA

View Full Version : Daily menus

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lusana515
Fri, Jul-04-03, 15:40
does any one want to join me in posting our menus daily I know we can in our journals but it would be cool to have them all together and we could all encourage each other. :wiggle:

anais57
Sat, Jul-05-03, 07:26
sure sounds like a good idea and i think it will give me more ideas to see what you are all having to eat.

here's what today brings for me

42% fat, 29% protein, 26% carbs

acv water
2 cups decaf
cm =grilled sirloin burger
1 thin slice tomoato

cm =smoked salmon

rm =1 tostada w/frijoles and queso
handful of chips
guacamole
blueberries&raspberries soy protein powder..make smoothie
diet rite
glass of wine

acv water

Jalera2003
Sat, Jul-05-03, 09:47
I'm sorry I don't have time to post in both places, but please feel free to view my journal.

lusana515
Sat, Jul-05-03, 16:20
It's good to have contact here on the board my menu today is not so good but here it is

CM 2 eggs 1lc sausage

CS 1 decaff 2oz cream<15 2 tbs penut butter :nono:

RM 2 burgers(no bun) 1 hot dog,1 chicken drum,1 pork kebab,pringles
2 mini choc rolls,1small cake,21/2 oz chocolate,3 tea +milk+sugar
1 glass wine,2 glass soda :nono: :nono: :nono: :cry:

there was no salad/veg next time I will take some
I did not stick to the hour as it was a freinds bar-b-q and I was a bad girl but I will do better tommorrow,sorry. :cry:

lusana515
Sun, Jul-06-03, 13:27
I feel really sick when I read yesterdays menu (mine I mean) but I did much better today.

CM egg/tuna/cheese mayo in a lettuce wrap

Rm roast chicken,cauli,cabbage,potatoe,gravy
small cherry pie+cream,tiny lemon finger,1 oz chocolate
large milky tea +AS

I have also drank lots of black decaff tea which seems to energise me.
so what do you think guys???

anais57
Mon, Jul-07-03, 05:41
lusana- don't be too hard on yourself. it was the 4th of july. i gave myself permission to go outside the rules. just get right back in the game now. looks like you had a good day yesterday :agree:

the salad before meals is to fill you up and really, really does help with portion control.

my day was a little off. i made the 7.5 hour drive to chicago yesterday early morning. so i had 4 cups of 1/2 decaf 1/2 caffeine cups of coffee over a 3 hour period. doctors orders to have coffee. i think i did well to make it only half caffeine. mc donalds didn't have salads until 11am and i was ready for one at 10am dang! i had a diet rite :nono:
and then i waited til i got to my destination to eat and i was ravenous, but had salad and a grilled sirloin burger.

for reward meal- it was my mom's homemade mexican food! oh yum. i didn't have the flour tortillas and just had a handful of corn chips. the stuff from la tiendita is nothing like tostitos ... i will tell you. so much better. i had a little piece of cheeesecake smothered in fresh strawberries and a diet rite. today i will hang in there and be strict. :cool:

Zuleikaa
Mon, Jul-07-03, 11:44
Lusana
Don't worry about it!! The time to worry is when you've been on program for a few months and don't plan!!! Slip ups are bound to happen when you start and events take place. There's some good strategies in the overview thread here.

At a barbeque, I do a CM first and then when the desserts come out I do a huge RM!! People think I'm a pig but I'm happy. And on plan!! It does take some planning!!! I think more and more people are doing away with veggies at bbqs. You should always bring a veggie dish.

lusana515
Tue, Jul-08-03, 15:16
Hi everyone I wasnt around yesterday but today I have had a good day.
By the way thanks for your support, I am really going for maintaining my weight at the moment so the slip ups are not too devastating.

today I ate

CM1 corned beef

RM large salad,mayo,bar-b-q chicken,2 small doughnuts,2 small
choclate biscuits,snack size snickers,milky tea,milky coffee

I am really enjoying allowing myself the treats and maintaining weight at the sama time,actually I have lost around 2lb since restarting 9 days ago
I may have a decaff+cream >15 before bed,I am hungery and love it so much.

roche
Wed, Jul-09-03, 16:24
br. eggs and bacon

lunch. ham and turkey salad with ranch

rm soft tacos with lc tortillas
nachos with keto chips
diet rootbeer float with le carb icecream
(try to not make all rms carb loaded)

roche

lusana515
Wed, Jul-09-03, 16:55
I hope everyone is well and CAD'ing effectively.

Anais and Zule thanks for your input it really helps,Rosche how do you do it I am ashamed to reveal my menu after reading yours :lol:

Well my intentions were good but I didnt manage balance today :rolleyes:

Cm 1 little chicken breast,little fried corned beef

Cm 2 1/2 egg mayo+1 tsp corn,4 slices bacon+cream cheese dip

Rm chicken,peas,gravy,few french fries,4oz bar areo,slice key
lime pie,2 large milky tea

I do not understand about peas not being a comp veg,I eat the young ones which have less carbs per 100g than green beans oh well we will see tommorrow.
:wiggle:

anais57
Thu, Jul-10-03, 05:49
making the drive back to duluth today. the sky is gray. yesterday we had a morning of clear skies and my sister and i walked 2 miles. my first exercise since the surgery!!

cm= 3 breakfast sausage and 2cups mixed green salad w/ no fat raspberry dressing

cm= mixed green salad w/caesar dressing and a sirloin burger, 1 sugar free hershey chocolate

rm= filet mignon, roasted greenbeans zucchini onion and portabello mushrooms, salad, smirnoff ice, lactose free ice cream and caramel syrup

Zuleikaa
Thu, Jul-10-03, 09:16
Anais
I don't think you can have the raspberry dressing. It depends how many carbs it has. Also you can't have the sf chocolate at CM. Otherwise it looks good.

lusana515
Thu, Jul-10-03, 16:27
Hi everyone well done anais-being away must have been hard.

I realised today I am not really phsically craving sweet stuff,I dont even really want it but emotionally I feel as though if I dont have it at RM I will lose control and binge later.Its good to know as it shows one day maybe I will balance my RM :lol:

CM chicken breast,mustard mayo,small homegrown tomato

CS coffee 1oz cream < 15

RM lamb mince,boiled egg,green beans,3 new potatoes
2 tblsp corn,frankfurter,mayo (potato salad)
1.5 oz chocolate,small doughnut,2 bites key lime pie

(getting better :agree: )

CS coffee 1oz cream <15 OOPS! :nono:

Zuleikaa
Thu, Jul-10-03, 16:42
See and you thought you would never want just a small piece of chocolate!!! And you caught yourself with the second coffee with cream!! Good work!!!

Jalera2003
Thu, Jul-10-03, 16:57
Lusana: I used to have that feeling too, that if I didn't eat a treat at RM time I'd lose control later in the evening. It has pasted tho'. Keep up the great work.

anais57
Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:37
back in to my routine and knowing what's in my refrigerator that will help.

i am still finding CAD much less sastisfying than atkins.i find myself hungry much more often. i will hang in here for awhile... there's no movement yet, but i am still carrying the bloat in my belly from the surgery. i will give it to the end of august.

acv water
cm= 4oz roast beef 9:30am

cm= mixed green salad with bean sprouts, cucumber, 1 tbsp buttermilk dressing with grilled swordfish 12:30pm

cs= smoked salmon 4pm

rm= roasted chicken wings, salad, glass of pinot grigio, atkins ice cream, raspberries 6pm

acv water

Zuleikaa
Fri, Jul-11-03, 16:47
This menu looks much cleaner. Do you not like other veggies? I tell people don't bother to count the lettuce into the two cups allowed veggies. CM veggies are unlimited at RM.

You might be hungry because the wrong foods have been slipping in. If that's the case and you keep your CMs this clean, it should pass in 2 more days.

If you're hungry after that, you're not eating enough. I would say you need more veggies anyway. You probably also need a little more fat. What are your fitday percents?

anais57
Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:22
i can't get the percentages quite right.... and i find myself hungry as i try to reduce the fat. that is what satisfied the hunger on atkins.
my percentages yesterday were 38% protein, 10% carbs, 50% fat.

definitely my cravings were coming from the amount of sweets in view, probably more psychological. zules... u asked if i liked veggies.... i love them! i didn't eat more than the salad last night cause i have to pick up more things. i was going to have sweet potato chips but i didn't get them made in time.

we'll see how it goes today.

hey lusana where are you? how are your meals going?
-catherine

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jul-12-03, 06:30
Get in the 12 ounces of protein. Try to eat plenty of veggies and let the other percentages fall where they may. If you need 50% fat to be satisfied for now, have it. As your program becomes cleaner your hunger will get more under control.

DDMariana
Sat, Jul-12-03, 09:57
How come she can't have the SF chocolate at a RM?? I think I had SF ice cream last night... is that very bad?

Don't even want to share my menu...it's way too embarrassing...but maybe another newbie can relate, so here we go:

RM: chicken breast on grill, small salad w/tomato and olive, caesar dressing, fresh green beans w/butter and seasoning...THEN...3 blueberry scones w/my decaf...two white choc macadamia cookies w/SF choc ice cream, THEN two chocolate chip cookies w/more SF ice cream...

Thankfully, my time ran out just before my stomach exploded...I spent the rest of the night moaning on the couch flipping channels. I will say this... I had NO desire whatsoever to eat anything more before bed.

Hmmm... promise to take it easier tonight. I just LOVE my scones...and the coffee thing, well, you know...it's a drug for me...(snif, snif...) and I haven't been able to have my scones in SO long!!!

Hmmmm... maybe just a small ice cream tonight.

Zuleikaa
Sat, Jul-12-03, 15:44
DD
Anais was having a SF hershey at CM. That's the no no!!

wawtigress
Mon, Jul-14-03, 05:44
Hi , just read your entries. Keep trying , that's all we can do. I'm hoping to get started back today. I missed a whole month with visits and weddings. Feel free to vist my journal for my menus. It's too time consuming to enter twice a day. My menu for today will be posted tomorrow. Have a great day. Wawtigress

lusana515
Mon, Jul-14-03, 16:19
Hi to all of you sorry I have been mega busy

Donna - I am so glad someone else has not quite got the hang of balanced RM's yet.

Catherine - thanks for missing me

Cm-3 egg omelette+cheese+ham,salad,black tea no AS

RM large salad,dressing,ham,large merange with cream,small bar chocolate,few chocolate brazils,milky tea with AS

I did not feel full after the RM I needed more protein

anais57
Mon, Jul-14-03, 16:51
lusana... you're back :yay:

when i could get busy again, i will be grateful i wouldn't be thinking about foood so much. i guess that's what lazing around is doing for me...lots of time on computer.
here's my day:

acv water
cm= breakfast sausage

cm= grilled chicken caesar salad

rm= salad, pizza quiche, diet rite, sorbet and fresh blueberries
acv water

lusana515
Tue, Jul-15-03, 13:42
Hello And how'ya doing?

I am amazed today I was not hungery except for breakfast,not even my RM was longed for!!!!

CM large pork chop,fried cabbage

CM smoked mackeral,cocoa+AS+cream <15

RM 2 eggs scrambled with 1 1/2 cups spinach,2 large pieces wholemeal toast ,lots butter,marmite,3 tiny squares chocolate,milky coffee+ 2 tsp sugar

I am experimenting with no AS at RM to see if it makes a differance,I am also trying cocoa at lunch 1 tblsp has 2 carbs and will hopefully curb the choc cravings-it also tastes delisious with AS and cream.I know its not strictly allowed but I am just experimenting for a few days.

roche
Tue, Jul-15-03, 14:15
Hello all. Here's Tues. menu:

cm. 1/2 grilled chicken salad with ranch from artic circle

rm. leftover grilled chicken salad
chicken patty sandwich with mayo, lettuce, tomato & pickle
choc. cake with icecream

roche

lusana515
Tue, Jul-15-03, 15:32
Just Checking Over The Last 2 Months Since I Started And I Am Down 6lb Even With The 10 Cheat Days And The Wildly Unbalanced Rm's Can You Believe It Coz I Can't.

Zuleikaa
Tue, Jul-15-03, 19:05
I believe it. CAD may be slow, but you have a ball doing it!!!

anais57
Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:57
ok... i was a little off last night and a bit this morning. i had out of town company and we went to a mexican restaurant. that was all fine and good but i had 4 bites (about 1/4 of a piece) of chocolate raspberry torte and a cup of coffee when we came back to sit on my deck.... all in all 2 hours transpired from beginning to end. now i wasn't eating for 2 hours! i was proud of myself to not eat the whole large slice of cake because i was so full. this morning i drank 2.5 cups of coffee in about 45 min time. but i ate my bacon salad for breakfast instead of the yummy homemade waffles i made for everyone else.

i have to ask ... those of you who eat only 2 meals a day... how do u do it?

i have to eat 3.

roche
Wed, Jul-16-03, 15:10
I am busy in the mornings with my kids and not terribly hungry......I love cereal and that is one of the few things I can eat and enjoy during mornings, but since that is a no no and I get tired of eggs I sometimes just wait until around lunch time for first cm. I have tried eating non-breakfasty things in a.m., and sorry, eating a hot dog or hamburger or salad in the a.m. just doesn't appeal to me.

roche

Jalera2003
Wed, Jul-16-03, 16:27
I'm simply not hungry in the morning. I have a really big coffee with cream in < 15 and am good to go till 12:30 - 1:00 when I have my CM. It's 4:30 right now and I'm still not hungry for RM. Once my insulin levels got under control and I stopped craving and eating high carb foods I found my appetite went way down.

anais57
Wed, Jul-16-03, 19:10
cm= big mixed green salad with bacon and 1 tbsp bacon ranch dressing
2 cups of coffee

cs= mixed green salad

rm= crab cakes and asparagus in bernaise sauce, chocolate raspberry torte and fresh raspberries, glass of pinot grigio.

oh i savored this meal.... i make the best darn crabcakes, if i may say so myself... the only better ones are at timbuktu in baltimore.:yum:

roche
Mon, Jul-21-03, 16:45
lusana, don't feel bad after looking at my menu. i am a very hefty eater and eat very large portions. that is why i just recently decided to see if i can manage my portions a little better by using ww points. also, i sometimes forget to put down the gallon of diet pepsi i always drink with my rm!

Roche

p.s. i went back through my listed menus....the night I ate choc. cake during rm on Tuesday......i neglected to put that i had two or three pieces of cake.

anais57
Mon, Jul-21-03, 18:33
wow, i loved my meal tonight. i made fried pork cutlets and fried okra. was gonna use atkins batter mix, but forgot it and automatically coated both in an egg/water mixture and made my coating with pork rinds and cajun spices. oh yum:yum: and of course my salad w/ only a teaspoon of ranch dressing.

roche
Mon, Jul-21-03, 19:12
Here's the menu I listed in my journal for Monday:

cm. 2 eggs and 3 extra lean turkey bacon 5 points

cm. one/half portion of lowfat asian salad from applebees 8 points
one sf fudgsicle 1 point

(hanging head in shame.......i ran to applebees like I said before.....to get the salad for dinner, only once i got in home i snarfed it all by myself, and I am guessing that this salad is not lowcarb with the lowfat salad dressing) (and then, whatdaya know, i figured i had ruined my second cm so i polished it off with a sf fudgisicle)

rm. grilled chicken breast 4 points
1/2 cup of rice&roni 3 points
green beans 0 points
salad with fat free italian dressing 0 points
corn on the cob 2 points
one and one half lowfat icecream
sandwich 4.5

Total WW points for day: 27.5

Catch ya'll later, Roche

lusana515
Wed, Jul-23-03, 14:45
HI Y'all

sorry I have been away and very busy.I have gained a little so am doing atkins for a few days to lose a little then it's back to CAD.I am glad to see you all doing so well

anais57
Wed, Jul-23-03, 14:52
oh my gosh.... i blew it today...big time. had the most wonderful afternoon reading by the falls, 3 hours went by like one. i didn't take lunch with me and i was starving at 3 when i left. i passed culvers and i talked myself into a one time treat:nono: and i bought my son and i chocolate concrete malts... oh my gawd...so good and so over the top. well that was thoroughly blowing it. i did walk. but now i have to figure out how to undo the damage. i better go walk again.
today's:
acv water
jakes concotion
breakfast= grilled sirloin burger, 2 small slices of pumpernickel, 1 slice tomato, 1cup coffee
lunch= culver concrete chocolate malt
dinner= spinach salad
acv water
jakes concotion

1832 calories
95 fat
168 carbs!!

roche
Mon, Jul-28-03, 10:17
don't know what to eat for lunch today, so just checkin' you guys out. roche

anais57
Mon, Jul-28-03, 13:23
i haven't been posting here much...
but i had crab cakes today for lunch ....oh yum

tonite will be catfish and faux potatoes

BeccaResRN
Mon, Aug-11-03, 04:28
I thought i would join in ...I post me meals daily in my journal if anyone is interrested in what i eat

Today Sunday night to Monday morning---working nights

breakfast-CM
none sleeping

late lunch/dinner RM
chicken breast grilled with Arizona Jack Spicy BBQ sauce mmmm (not low carb/sugar)
small amout rice a roni fried rice
nice sized salad with Hidden Valley Ranch made from the packet
lettuce, Romaine, cucumbers, green onions and toamtoes
1/2 c Le Carb cinnamon ice cream with 2 tsp Atkins chocolate flavored syrup on it
Diet Mt Dew

Midnight meal-CM
1 chicken thigh on a small salad with green peppers a little onion and cucumbers
and roasted GArlic dressing no sugar 45 cal 2 T 1 carb
califlower with 1 slice american cheese
iced tea

Whatcha think?

anais57
Sat, Aug-16-03, 19:28
hey becca...
what i want to know is where do you all get le carb ice cream? i found a pierre's ice cream in cincinatti. it was very good, but i have yet to find le carb in minneapolis, duluth, chicago or cinci.

ok my vacation eating is over and i am back to 20 carbs..... back to atkins.
swordfish for breakfast... big salad for lunch and sirloin and zucchini for dinner.

BeccaResRN
Mon, Aug-18-03, 23:39
hello anais I found Le Carb ice cream at Walmart Superstore ya know the kind with a full grocery section

serrelind
Thu, Nov-20-03, 13:20
Hey I love looking at you guys menus! Gives me some ideas on what to eat :)

Here's mine from yesterday:

rm: salad with french dressing, chicken drumsticks with keto ketchup, green beans, butternut squash, apple cinnamon muffin, lc chocolate ice cream, orange
cm: pork chops, chicken, green beans
cm: keto hot cereal

weight was this same this morning after yesterday's "feast".. amazing!!

hazelnut
Fri, Nov-21-03, 07:43
ha, didn't even see this thread.... here is my menu for today- anyone want to criticize, constructively that is :) ?

CM: Coffee, tea- I am never really hungry in the am, but thought I always 'had' to eat
CM: probably a nice salad with lots of fresh veggies and some leftover salmon from last night
RM: alright, here goes nothing.... I am thinking of salad, nice portion of buffalo, steamed broccoli, whole grain bread, some butter for taste, and for dessert some yogurt and a square of dark chocolate- can't wait!