PDA

View Full Version : Am i a turtle??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

farmerwife
Fri, Jun-27-03, 09:46
I have been doing atkins for almost a month now. I have lost 12 pds. I have heard of others losing up to 30 the 1st month. My 1st 9 came off within a week and everything since has been at turtle speed!! I think i'm following the diet like I should.....woeds of wisdom, PLEASE!!!!

Lioness
Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:25
first off... I wanted to say... I love your screen name... got me humming the tune the "three blind mice"... don't mind me... have 4 kids... so my sence of humour has been effected... LOL

I have been on Atkins for 6 months... and have lost about 15 lbs... I do go up and down the same 2 lbs so some days... it's only 13... I lost this in the first month... then nothing...

But I also spent most of my adult life doing yo-yo and starvation diets... so I think my poor motabolism.. is right confused... and it may take some time for my body to "trust" what I am doing...

lots of days... I get angry and or depressed as to why it's not coming off... (the weight) but know... deep down... that it's a matter of time... and just hanging in there...

you may also want to really keep track of what you are eating/drinking... maybe there is something in that... that is causeing a stall... I know if you keep a detailed journal... there are many that would help you look it over for some advice...

Well... I do wish you much happiness and success...

fellow turtle... Shell

carlab68
Fri, Jul-11-03, 15:03
In my opinion you are not, but I'm not expert. The initial weight loss varies on so many things. I think if you can average 1 - 2 lbs a week loss you are doing great. A girlfriend and me started on the same day. She's lost 97 lbs and I've lost 6 lbs. UGH! I know it's normal to compare yourself. I do it all the time, but we are all different. So hang in there and if you quit losing hollar.

Hugs,
Carla