PDA

View Full Version : running while on PP

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PixieDust
Wed, Jun-25-03, 12:34
Hey guys,
I run everyday, and I try to run about 2-3 miles. I'm trying to build up my endurance, but I feel like the lack of carbs is killing me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Coralisla
Thu, Jun-26-03, 07:31
First of all - are you tired most of the day? If so it could be you need potassium. If you haven't been taking it try taking 3 or 4 99mg tablets and wait an hour or so. If you have noticeably more energy then that is probably what the problem was. As long as you aren't cheating it probably won't hurt to take 2 to 3 tablets a day. It works wonders for me.
Also, you may want to have some carbs before running - whatever is acceptable where you are in your plan. Half an orange or a few grapes or whatever. No need to wait to run after that small amount.
Hope this helps.

Kristine
Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:30
Hi!

Excellent advice from Coralisla. I've also heard from other athletes that your endurance will improve again once your body has had a few weeks to adjust to burning fat for energy instead of carbs.

If things don't improve after a month or two, you might consider a cyclical program like CKD. It's designed with athletic performance in mind.

HTH. :sunny: