PDA

View Full Version : PCOS Support Group in Toronto

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

1clown
Mon, Jun-16-03, 12:20
HI ALL,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I joined this group as I was diagnosed with PCOS about 8 months ago. My physican had no trouble diagnosing me. However I have been put on medications such as Clomid and Metformin. Both have not been effective in making me ovulate ( i am trying to have a child). My doctor's next course of treatment is to start me on Hormone injections. This does not sound to appealing to me. So, I started looking for Natural treatments to this affliction and I found out that a low carb diet along with exercise could be the answer I was looking for. I have just started on a low carb diet (at least I think I have...there's so many hidden carbs out there), I exercise regularly (started a month ago). However I long to talk to and maybe even exercise and plan diets with other women who have this disorder. So please do contact me if you are interested in a work out or low carb buddy. I look forward to advise and eventual success with concieving.

P.S. A low carb grocery list would be much appreciated, if anyone has one. I am especially confused about what fruits I can and cannot eat. Also the fact that most low carb diets perscribe a high fat diet (animal and those rich in omega-3 fatty acids) is a little uneasy for me, especially since I want to loose weight.

T:)
Thu, Jun-26-03, 09:46
I highly recommend that you read Dr. Atkins Way of Life or New Diet Revolution books. They can explain exactly why you can eat a diet higher in fat when you restrict your carbs and still loose weight. I have had PCOS for 6 years now and have found that a low-carb diet is the best medicine available!