PDA

View Full Version : [Montignac] when do you drink your water?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Iluv2cook
Sun, Jun-15-03, 23:39
When I was on Atkins I managed to drink a liter of water with each meal. But I understand with Montignac that is a no no.

I hate water.

When do you manage to drink water?

Noni C
Mon, Jun-16-03, 01:26
I am also NOT a water-baby!

I keep a 585ml glass in the bathroom and always drink a full glass of water when I wake up in the morning. I figure this is a good start.

I've been forcing myself to drink more water - here are two very good reasons why:
1. It helps eradicate keto-breath. I don't know if you've had any comments, but everyone in ketosis gets really bad breath. It's strong enough for people you're conversing with to think you don't brush your teeth - do you want people to start talking about your lack of personal hygiene? :o
2. It speeds up your fat loss, as the ketones slip away, without any effort from you! :thup: Love it!

Good luck with it (maybe you could wish me luck too!)

Noni C

Spang
Tue, Jun-17-03, 00:37
I've never been a big water drinker, but I tend to drink it most at work, when I'm not really thinking about what I'm drinking. I'm actually thinking that I feel a little hungry (most commonly a sign that you are actually thirsty).

Plus, I tend to drink a bit after my yoga, and during / after workouts - always a good way to drink a lot!

I remember trying to force mysleft to drink 8 glasses of water a day... and it nearly made me physically sick!

Spang
Tue, Jun-17-03, 00:38
btw - i rarely get ketosis breath, as montignac (and myself) doesn't like going into ketosis.

The only time I do slip into it is if I've not eaten for a while - which is BAD!

Iluv2cook
Tue, Jun-17-03, 09:55
Dear Noni C,

Good luck!

I think I'll just stick to drinking water with my meals even if it means I have to keep my pot belly. Better that than being dehydrated.