PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cubbiegirl
Sun, Jun-15-03, 18:05
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the low carb diet. and right now I am going through a depressed stage. I just started the Atkins diet May 23rd and I was doing really well. I was losing weight and inches ect.. however now I have reached that plateau stage, and I find it very discouraging! I do take Prozac for depression but this weight thing I think may be beyond the help of prozac! What I need right now is encouragement more than anything!

cs_carver
Mon, Jun-16-03, 13:00
How well did any other program work for you?

How different are you feeling with the LC WOE?

Is your mind any more clear, foggy hours gone?

How easy is this to stick to, compared to other programs you may have tried?

Your stats show progress. I'll bet your life shows changes, too. Maybe it's time for a change in something--more exercise?

And maybe your body is just giving you a chance to adjust to the new body shape and image. May 23 isn't that long ago, and this is a WOL as much as a WOE. Personally, I had to let go of weight progress and make a commitment to being on this program for at least 90 days, and probably at least a year.

I've been fat for a long time. Another 90 days won't make much difference in the long run, if that's what I need to address the habits and behaviors that got me here.

I also think my own antidepressant really just gave me the energy to make the change. Without it, I could languish being fat forever and not have enough get-up-and-go to do anything.