PDA

View Full Version : Sodium in TVP

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

culigrill
Mon, Jun-09-03, 14:27
Hi, all, I'm new here. I've been following Atkins since about 2000 when I was diagnosed with IBS. Cutting down on carbs dramatically alleviated my symptoms, so I've stuck to it. I've lately been contemplating a vegetarian diet and was thrilled to find this forum!

My question is: does anyone know the sodium content of TVP? I also have high BP and am trying to limit my sodium intake. All of the prepared vegetarian foods (Morningstar, Boca, etc.) are all saturated with sodium. I thought if plain TVP is low in sodium, I can try to make this stuff myself.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for this site!

Paleoanth
Tue, Jun-10-03, 06:30
I really don't know, but I would think you could find the nutrition information someplace on the net.

I hate all the sodium added to things myself. I never add salt to anything at all-there seems to be more than enough in foods as it is.

Karen
Tue, Jun-10-03, 09:15
Plain TVP doesn't have any salt added to it so you can control the salt content to what suits you.

Plain varieties of tempeh, tofu and other soy foods have no added salt either.

Karen