PDA

View Full Version : On the verge of falling

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Nadz
Sun, Jun-08-03, 22:39
I feel like I'm on the edge of a cliff about to fall back into the ways of poor eating habits. I desperately want something sweet right now...anything. I'm trying to hold out and I think the best thing for me right now is just to go to bed and pray that these feeling won't return tomorrow. Being addicted to sugar is really tough. I haven't felt these cravings since LCing 3 weeks now, but man, these are intense. Will they ever go away?
Are there any sugar addicts out there who eat all those LC bars and ice creams and feel content with them? I'd like to get some feedback before trying them.

guidosgirl
Sun, Jun-08-03, 23:21
I know what you mean sooooo much. Right after I eat. I ALLWAYS want something sweet. Sat. was my last day for induction. I celabrated with a diet soda, lol. I dident drink any while on induction. I usually get a cup of coffee or now that it is hotter out I get a big glass of water with some ice and put lemon and splenda in it. I think the lemon helps to curb my wanting to eat something else and the splenda is just enough to give me the sweetness that I want. :D Good luck.

SaturnStar
Tue, Jun-10-03, 18:27
Nadz - don't know if you are male or female but right around that time of the month I get horrible sweet craving - wicked bad! I find that a low carb bar atkins or carbrite helps! Going to bed helps too, but if your that inclined I would go for a low carb sugar free bar rather than run the risk of "falling of the wagon" so to speak. I keep them handy in the back of my cupboard for such an emergency as that. OOOOR you could eat a small dill pickle 1 carb per serving and it KILLS the sweet craving for me instantly. Good Luck

kathjef
Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:06
Boy do I know what you mean! The low carb Ice Cream is he best. It usually satisfies my craving, so does the Kool aid jello. I'm not a fan of the bars, but they would work too. I just ate a bowl of SF Buttersctch Pudding with Whip Cream (Yummy)! Don't ignore your cravings just eat LC and you'll be fine!!

Have a Great LCing Day!
Kathy

thininBC
Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:10
1 can Diet Vanilla Coke with 2 tablespoons cream. It is just like and icecream float and is a quick and easy way to curb a sweet craving.

Or....

1/3 cup ricotta cheese
1 egg
1 tblspoon cream
splenda, cocoa, and vanilla to taste

Mix well and microwave on med-high for up to three minutes, stirring twice. It makes a wonderful, rice pudding like custard and has about 7 carbs.

Good luck ! Remember, nothing will ever taste as good as thin feels !

Nadz
Wed, Jun-11-03, 17:54
Sounds like some great ideas. LC bars etc are hard to get where I'm from, but I'll definitely try thininBC's ideas. Thanks so much guys. What I really need to do is get the right foods in my house! :thup:

thininBC
Wed, Jun-11-03, 19:49
I know there are some recipies around here for home-made low-carb bars. I will take a look and if I can find them, I will post the link. I would suggest that the faux rice pudding isn't something you should probably eat on induction. The Diet Vanilla Coke works just as well with other diet sodas. If you can, try and find one of the varieties that are sweetened with something other than aspartame (it apparently causes some people to stall) - still adding the cream. Or you could try 1 cup of club soda flaoured with a sugar flavouring syrup (some of the higher end coffee shops will sell them or order them in for you) topped off with a tsp or so of cream.

kathjef
Thu, Jun-12-03, 07:08
Hi!

I posted a whole bunch of recipes for making the Atkins bars on The recipe forum. Go under the top general search and put in Atkins recipes and you should get them. Alot of people have tried them and like them. Good luck!!

Have Great Lcing Day!
Kathy :wave:

kathjef
Thu, Jun-12-03, 07:16
Hi! Here' s where I postd them, it should take you right there!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105802&highlight=Atkins+Bars

Enjoy!!
Kathy :wave: