PDA

View Full Version : Applesauce...I swear it!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MrMsgirl
Sun, Jun-08-03, 19:09
Ok, I bought some jicama yesterday. Terribly proud of myself, and chalk full of ideas for it. The one I really wanted to try was a breakfast cereal similar to cream of wheat. Which I happen to LOVE! Well I took my jicama, and cut it up into little pieces and boiled it on the stove for about an hour. It still wasn't totally soft! That's one tough little root! But I'm sooo impatient! So I went ahead and put it in the food processor with some butter, one packet of splenda, and a tsp of cinnamon. I swear this tastes just like applesauce....the consistency is perfect! I used one cup of the jicama raw, which is right at 5 carbs once fiber is subtracted. I was never really a fan of applesauce, but the change was nice, and I plan to use it as a topping for pancakes in the future.

Rachel :wave: