PDA

View Full Version : 85%lean,15%fat lean ground p/c/f/cals ?burger anyone know the

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Defwer
Wed, Jul-04-01, 06:49
85%lean,15%fat lean ground p/c/f/cals ?burger anyone know the the protein/carb/fat/calories???????

thx

bilyum
Fri, Jan-07-05, 01:28
85%lean,15%fat lean ground p/c/f/cals ?burger anyone know the the protein/carb/fat/calories???????

thx

I do not know the full rundown on lean ground beef or even fat laden ground beef.

3 and 1/2 ozs. of protein from whatever source is about 25 grams give or take. which supposedly is a serving. makes for a puny burger!.........Not to mention dry and inedible.

I eat those Boca Burgers. And they're tasty and have lots of goodies in them. But they're pricey and not 'quite' the same as a real burger.

I went to my younger brothers house for a backyard cookout do-da one day.
I watched him take a bunch of lean fresh ground beef, put in an electric bread mixer and add a boatload of butter.

he makes a mean burger! ....But I mused to myself that this same idea with enough butter to be tasty/some olive oil/some coconut oil and a smidge of soy flour would actually be more nutricious. AND theoretically be just as tasty with added benefit of monounsaturated fat, and soy protein.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it will work.

Anyway, ground beef alone be it 85/15 or 60/40 will have nill in the form of carbs. nada........as to the calories? I have no clue

Rosebud
Fri, Jan-07-05, 01:45
Hi Bill,

Um, I think Defwer has his answer by now. If you check the date of his post, you'll see it's about 3½ years old. ;)
It's always a good idea to check the date of the post you are answering. :)

Rosebud:rose:

bilyum
Fri, Jan-07-05, 13:38
Hi Bill,

Um, I think Defwer has his answer by now. If you check the date of his post, you'll see it's about 3½ years old. ;)
It's always a good idea to check the date of the post you are answering. :)

Rosebud:rose:

That was rather silly of me :)

Thanks for the tip............oy! i gotta get my eyes checked SOON!

grandpa
Fri, Jan-07-05, 15:49
Defwer's last post was in Jul 2001. He/she probably quit the forum after waiting for this answer so long ;)