PDA

View Full Version : KETO STALL,need help plz

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Defwer
Tue, Jul-03-01, 16:39
okie i am stalled at 150lbs,i done full blown keto for 3weeks straight consuming about 1500cals a day mostly fat cals,now that i am stalled i wanna get back and burn 5more lbs any suggestions
should i drop cals but make FAT CALS my main focus? when stalling are you putting fat on?

Defwer
Tue, Jul-03-01, 16:51
anyone ?

Karen
Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:00
Hello defwer,

You shouldn't be gaining weight during a stall unless you have changed the amount of carbs you eat upwards. YOu may be losing inches though. If you haven't taken your measurements before, take them now so you'll have them for future reference. Are your clothes feeling any looser?

Check out the Tips section in the red bar above for some great reading on stalls and plateaus.

How long have you been following LC and what plan are you using? Generally a stall is called a stall if there has been no change in weight for 6 weeks while there has been no change in the way you've been eating.

And BTW, welcome to the forum!

Karen

Defwer
Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:07
i been keto dieting for 3weeks,0-10carbs a day at most no more than that i dropped weight but past 4days i been at 150lbs still,so stalling i wont be gaining any fat while consuming fat that is at my CALORIE INTAKE? any suggestions to speed this up? take more fat ??

Defwer
Tue, Jul-03-01, 17:23
while stalling can i still be loosing inchs and fat of my waist line even if i am stalled at 150?

r.mines
Tue, Jul-03-01, 23:43
Three weeks isn't a stall. Some people lose quite a bit on Induction, but a lot of that is water weight, which is not in itself a problem. However, you might find weight loss slowing down as you start to shed fat as opposed to water.

Stick with low carb, and it will come off. It can take some patience. Yes, you can be losing inches without losing weight on the scale; this is very common.

And why are you in such a hurry? It took more than a few weeks to gain the weight you now want to lose; it'll take more than a few days to get rid of it! Slow down and give your body a chance to adjust. I know this can be difficult, but it's worth doing!

Rachel

Karen
Wed, Jul-04-01, 00:25
What are you eating to be between 0-10 grams of carb a day?

Did you read the Tips section on stalls and plateaus?

In ketosis, your body burns fat, but it will burn dietary fat before it gets to yours if you're ingesting too much.

Lowcarbing isn't just a diet "plan", where you follow a regimented menu for a period of time, in which you lose all the weight you want to lose with no problems at all, then go back to old eating patterns once the desired weight-loss is achieved. This is about lifestyle change, learning and understanding how and why food makes you healthy or takes health away. Educating yourself is simply the "responsible" thing to do.

If you haven't read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, Protein Power or one of the other excellent books on LC living, you're not giving yourself the "tools" to succeed for the long term.

Everyone is different in the way they interpret LC and the result will be in how their body reacts. For all I know, you could be eating cans of tuna, pounds of processed meats, swilling olive oil, drinking diet drinks and protein shakes, eating low-carb bars and not drinking enough water or eating vegetables.

Karen

Defwer
Wed, Jul-04-01, 03:19
"In ketosis, your body burns fat, but it will burn dietary fat before it gets to yours if you're ingesting too much."

how do i get it to burn my fat,here is wha i eat

meal1-2whole eggs,2sausages or 4whole eggs cheese
meal2-4slice bacon +mayo
meal3-Sausage+EFA
meal4-4slice Bacon+EFA
meal5-Sausage+EFA

r.mines
Wed, Jul-04-01, 08:36
Defwer, you really need to read a book. Then you need to check out the 'tips' section on this forum. We're not diet gurus - we're here to advise and support, but you really need to educate yourself first! Ultimately, only you can help you.

From your last posting, here's what immediately springs to mind:

You may be getting too much sodium and/or carbs in the processed meat

Where's the variety in your meals? Can you eat this way for the rest of your life?

Where are your veggies?

Which low carb plan are you following? None that I've ever heard of recommends bacon, sausages, cheese, eggs, and nothing else.

You really must educate yourself on low carb. That's my best advice. Now:

Read a book!!!!

Rachel

Defwer
Wed, Jul-04-01, 09:20
keto diet:)
www.keto.org

no carbs just 70%fat/30%protein

Karen
Wed, Jul-04-01, 13:13
All the keto-knowledgeable people generally hang out here and I'm sure they will be able to give you lots of great advice:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

Karen