PDA

View Full Version : Bad taste in mouth a symptom?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlimShAdY
Wed, May-28-03, 22:40
Hey all. I'm just finally getting back on my medication after a few weeks off. But I've been having the most disgusting taste in my month for over a month. It's definetly not ketosis or anything lowcarb related. At first I thought I might have a wisdom tooth decaying or something..But then after thinking about it... I don't think that's it. (My dentist appt is next week anyways) So no, i haven't mentioned it to a dr yet. (I don't even have a regular dr, just an endo and and dentist lol)

I'm wondering if it's thyroid related?

Or....Some people have said it sounds like acid reflex...(sp?) (because I also have air being pushed out my stomach into my throat..lol and I'm burping alot..but I'm also drinking a bottle of soda a day to kill the awful taste) Could that possibly be thyroid related also? I probably won't know for another week or 2 untill I get the medication back into me, just wondering if anyone has any ideas.... :confused: :confused:

Paleoanth
Thu, May-29-03, 15:12
It sounds more like acid reflux or maybe something you ate. I find that certain vitamins will leave a horrible taste in my mouth and that it will continue all day! I had a chewable vitamin C tablet that did that. ICK.

I have never noticed anything like that related to thyroid.

SlimShAdY
Sat, May-31-03, 07:25
Thanks.

Ya don't happen to know what I could eat to help get rid of it do you? Or how long it takes.. :confused:

J. Teal
Mon, Jun-30-03, 18:14
Hello SlimShady. My husband has what you refered to as "a bad taste in the mouth," also known as Cocageusia. Did you manage to alleviate it. If so, what did you do? Thanks.

J.Teal

SlimShAdY
Tue, Jul-01-03, 07:16
Hi J.Teal.

It was acid reflux. I ended up getting rid of it by taking 2 Pepcid Complete a day, drinking a lot of milk, quit drinking soda and eating spicy foods. It took about a week before it was completely gone.