PDA

View Full Version : chocolate/almond/coconut JOY!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

flyrite
Fri, May-23-03, 00:00
okay this recipe is basically "jacked" from the peanut butter cup recipe found in this forum. look down, it's probably one of the most popular recipes here.

i've been messing around with the recipe for about a month now as i'm sure many have and i finally found a nearly perfect combination of ingredients for making a chocolate/coconut cup which if you wanted you could add almonds to.

here's the recipe

1 stick unsalted butter
1 and 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/2 c Davinci Chocolate flavored syrup
1/4 c peanut butter (i use Adam's 100% Natural Crunchy)
1/2 c unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut (or more if you love it)
2 to 4 roasted unsalted almonds per treat if you like almonds, definitely not necessary

melt butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or in a small pot over the stove. once the butter and chocolate are sufficiently melted (be careful not to burn the mixture) add the peanut butter and the davinci syrup. mix until the ingredients begin to cool and are completely combined. add the coconut. mix further.

i have noticed that when the concoction is quite hot the oil from the peanut butter or the butter actually seperates from the other ingredients. as the ingredients cool while you're mixing though they eventually combine into a very nice texture.

like the peanut butter cup recipe it is best to divide the mixture in muffin cups in a muffin tin for easy extraction after they are frozen. and it is best to keep them frozen because they melt fast.

thanks to Fern2340 for the peanut butter cup recipe and all those who have added their modifications. i love this recipe so much now that i can't even believe they are actually lo carb.

i found that adding the davinci chocolate flavored syrup enhanced the chocolate taste of the cups while adding the perfect sweetness to the recipe.

have fun!

and the carb count if you divide it into twelve portions is 2.75 per treat or rounding up 3 grams effective carbohydrates per treat.

carb count approximately

4 oz. coconut = 7.2 effective

4 oz. almonds = 15.6

4 Tbsp peanut butter = 10