PDA

View Full Version : Beverage - post induction white russian

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

digjazz
Mon, May-19-03, 14:16
Try this:

In a short low ball glass:

- fill with ice
- about an 1/2 ounce of half and half (or heavy cream watered down)
- bout an ounce of vodka or Stoli Vanil Vodka (vanilla flavored vodka, not sweetened, very common)
- about a teaspon of splenda
- add left over coffee from your AM coffee, decaf's better so you can go to sleep
- shake or stir

Sweeten to taste, add coffee to taste for Kahlua-ishness.

Carb count is minimal. Not intended for induction of course as alcohol will slow your weight loss down and possibly derail you.

:thup:

Corvidae
Mon, May-19-03, 15:55
Sounds wonderful... I'm a Bailey's addict and need a quick fix.

One question though, what is Stoli Vanil Vodka?

C. Corvidae :Party:

digjazz
Mon, May-19-03, 21:39
Stolichnaya is a very common widely sold russin vodka. They have started producing a variey of flavors. It is not my favorite vodka, which is hands down Ketel One, but this vanilla flavored (not sweetened) vodka is pretty good: this should resolve your Bailey craving....

Cheers!

MrMsgirl
Tue, May-20-03, 21:18
If you like bailey's...and I love it, you might try using irish cream flavored expresso coffe made. This would give the drink that particular flavor, and probably still be good with vanilla vodka! I have found irish cream flavored ground coffe in decaf at my local wal mart.

Rachel :wave:

Albuburbia
Fri, Jun-20-03, 03:58
Hi, everybody! I'm a new kid here!

I made a creamsicle drink that was heavenly!

I used the orange vodka, a little club soda, and a dash of cream. It tasted pretty awful until a splashed a little Da Vinci SF vanilla syrup and then SHAZAAM! Just like a creamsicle!!!

calico32
Thu, Sep-18-03, 09:15
do you think you could use vanilla vodka instead of SF syrup to create the same effect?