PDA

View Full Version : Too much protein?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fitmom23
Sun, May-18-03, 07:42
I read in the PP Life book that accoeding to my height/weight, I should be eating a minimum of 27g of protein per meal. Does this mean snacks too? If not, I am in trouble because I am eating a little less than 1g per lb. of body weight. Can you eat too much protein? It is my opinion that you can but I don't recall reading an amount not to surpass for my size. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

MomSharon
Mon, May-19-03, 14:27
There is a formula in the PP book about how to determine how much protein daily, then the per meal amount was dividing that number by 3 so if you eat snacks with protein in them (cheese, nuts, etc.) that counts toward your daily amount.

For example, I'm supposed to have 90 g per day. If I eat 10 grams of protein in my snacks, then the remaining 80 grams can be spread over the 3 meals.

I recall also the Eades addressing the too much protein issue: the amount of protein you would have to eat on a consistent daily basis to do yourself any harm would be almost impossible for a normal person to maintain.

They stress to worry about not getting enough, don't worry about going over. I'll look it up tonight.....

Sharon