PDA

View Full Version : Hard To keep It Off

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

loseit
Mon, May-12-03, 21:28
My name is Pj I am 13 and this is the second time on Atkins. I do really good on the diets but I cant seem to keep it off. If you have any suggestions let me know.

jamian
Tue, May-13-03, 16:33
Hi, loseit,

I'ts great that your getting your weight under control now when you're young. I'm a new member here, done Atkins for 8wks. I may be new at it but I know this much: you can't go on and off Atkins. It isn't a diet, it's a way to eat forever, or else it will come right back. You do induction for 2 wks w/ less than 20 carbs a day and then increase by five carbs a day every week untill you stop loosing. Thats the most carbs you can have forever. When you eat less than that you'll keep loosing. You can't just go back to eating chips and soda again after you get to the weight you want. :roll:

Jamian

loseit
Tue, May-13-03, 22:28
Thank you Jamian that was helpful. If you need a diet buddy you know how to reach me.

aznlily68
Thu, May-29-03, 10:07
hey, my name is Diana and I'm 14. I would love to talk to you because ive been searching for people in my age range. This is my third time on Atkins. The first time, i did it for a summer and stopped because i was satisfied. I decided to live like a kid and eat what I want. A couple of years later.....well, i became unsatisfied. I wanted to lose more and more. I went on it again for 2 weeks but my parents found out and forced carbs on me. A week after that, i secretly did it again and this is my 6th week ever since. I started when i was around 6th grade
Its obviously not good to be going back and forth on Atkins because its a NUTRITIONAL APPROACH. If you leave atkins you WILL gain weight. Also, studies have shown that this way of life is very healthy and nutritious. Dont be so concerned about weight loss, dont think of this as just a diet. This is the fastest way to lose weight but if you dont do it right....it'll just harm you.
I'd love to talk some more and give you advice. my email address is *********
my AIM is: aznlily68
talk or email me whenver you want
Good Luck!

Moderator edit: Email address removed. Posting email addresses is in violation of our forum rules. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/register.php?s=&action=showrules)

Battousai
Tue, Jul-01-03, 20:11
That's great that both of you are trying to lose weight, but at this young of an age it would better if you got a physicians approval. From a medical perspective I would wait until I finished going through puberty before attempeting a new way of life. Why not try a good low carb diet that doesnt put too much strain on your body?