PDA

View Full Version : Law suit against trans-fats

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Turtle2003
Mon, May-12-03, 09:44
A lawyer in Marin County, CA is seeking a ban on Oreos because of their trans-fat content and the fact that they are marketed to children.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/05/12/MN209384.DTL

cc48510
Mon, May-12-03, 14:00
I think it is a great idea...It is no coincidence they are targetting Kraft/Nabisco. Kraft is holding up the proposed law that would require Trans Fat content to be listed on the label. Anything that can get Trans Fat content listed is good for consumers. I also noticed he isn't going for money...that will definitely help. He can't be viewed as in it for the money, when he isn't asking for any.

BTW, it should come as no suprise that Kraft/Nabisco (one of the largest producers of Trans-Fatty and Sugary Foods) happens to be owned by the Phillip Morris Tobbaco company.

loony33
Mon, May-12-03, 21:47
I heard somewhere,

In 2004, FDA will require all comanies to list trans-fats on their labels.

However, it is not until 2006 until it is mandatory.

Stay alert