PDA

View Full Version : Very low traffic on the forum!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

StaceyE
Tue, Apr-29-03, 09:58
I was so excited to find this board and you are all so knowledgable. I have received great information and advice in the last couple of weeks and I appreciate the replies. I only wish that there was more traffic. Is there another forum or site that you visit. I am just starting and I am looking for advice and support. Thanks

MsJinx
Tue, Apr-29-03, 11:45
I'm wanting to get back to a more vegetarian diet so I'll be lurking around here giving unsolicited advice, as usual. ;)
Jinx

Paleoanth
Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:38
I don't think there are a ton of veggie low carbers. Sometimes people post veggie questions in the General Low Carb forum and get a better response.

I have this forum subscribed to, so I will keep a look out for any questions!

Laura D
Tue, Apr-29-03, 15:41
I am here!!!! :p :p :p

mem2
Thu, Aug-14-03, 16:50
It looks like no one has posted here for a long time, since
April, and now it is August. I joined a week or so ago, the low carbers forum and just today discovered this one. I am so glad. Have been a lactovegetarian since 1989 and also used eggs a couple for the 2 years prior to that. Have been on Atkins for a little over a year and welcomed the lack of cravings I had experienced for so long. Carbs was my problem as badly as I hated to admit it. Thanks for being here and lets be more active in this forum. Thanks.

Paleoanth
Thu, Aug-14-03, 19:13
I think this thread has been pretty dead, but I think there has been some activity in others.

Glad to see another vegetarian onboard!

UrbanGypsy
Wed, Aug-20-03, 04:23
I was very excited when I saw a vegetarian specific forum too... with much the same disappointment when I realized folk just didn't seem to post here. :(

I'm from the UK, so subscribed to the UK forum too... they're really lovely people, but really not much help when it comes to answering vegetarian specific questions! :lol:

In an act of sheer desperation I actually tried some chicken a few days ago. I haven't eaten meat for nearly 15 years now. Suffice to say I... er... wasn't very well... for several days. :Puke:

No danger of me coming off this list for a while then! I am subscribed to it, so do try and reply to posts where possible. At the end of the day, we may be few, but we're the only ones who can make it a fun place to be!

doreen T
Wed, Aug-20-03, 06:59
Actually, this particular thread hasn't had many posters, but the Vegetarian Low-Carbers forum as a whole gets a lot of readers ... if you look at Karen's sticky thread at the top of the list ... it's had nearly 1,800 hits :cool: And other discussion threads currently going on.

I try to swing by on a regular basis, and post if I have anything helpful to add.

Just a note ... if you're looking for vegetarian recipe ideas .. Our Kitchen forums have quite a few recipes that are very suitable for non-meat eaters. Many with tofu, or cheese, eggs etc, soups, vegetables and desserts. You can browse through the Kitchen .. just go to the main index page and scroll down ... Or, use the http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/top_search.gif tool at the top right. Just confine your search to the Kitchen forums :thup:

Cheers!

Doreen

mem2
Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:31
I am glad to see a few more responses here. Even though we are few, we are fantastic. I will check out the kitchen forum for vegetarian recipies as you suggest, Doreen T. Thanks.

mem2
Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:37
urban gypsy, I'm glad you are here. Some times it is difficult to find low carb veggie foods, I agree. When the system is not accustomed to the animal products, the reaction can be violent. :there: Hang in there. I know your health is benefiting.

UrbanGypsy
Tue, Aug-26-03, 06:45
Aww... thank you Mary. :)

I've actually started keeping a record of some of my favourite recipes in my journal now... partly as another source of information for vegetarians (like Karen's forum isn't enough! :lol: ) and partly to remind myself when I get stuck what's worked in the past. :)

You're right about my health too... I literally can't remember when I last felt this good!