PDA

View Full Version : papas y huevos

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

srd0821
Tue, Apr-22-03, 20:16
"potatos and eggs!"

I grew up about hundred miles north of the mexican border and potatos and eggs were a major breakfast option anywhere you went...of course with a flour tortilla ..but we'll forget that for now!

chop 1/2 cup daikon radish and cook till golden brown & tender in 2 tbsp butter...add sweet onion (as much as you prefer)....and two large eggs....scramble it all together....sprinkle with salt and pepper...perhaps some salsa!

I swear this tastes just like the real thing!!!!!

SHANNON'S FITDAY (http://fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=srd0821)

srd0821
Sun, Apr-27-03, 09:49
Browned two slices of bacon chopped up....didn't drain...added 1/2 cup chopped up daikon and browned till tender (doesn't take long at all).....very yummy!!!!

2BThinner
Mon, Mar-08-04, 20:07
Gracias, Shannon! This sounds muy bien. :) I can't wait to try it.
Thanks again.

Paris
Mon, Mar-08-04, 20:11
This does sounds delish! Muchas gracias!

Yess
Mon, Mar-08-04, 22:07
Yumm Yumm!! This sounds soooo good!! Papas y huevos are a must for breakfast for mexicanos and I miss papas!!! I'm so going to try this as soon as I get some daikon radishes....thanks so much for posting this recipe!!

Yess
Tue, Mar-09-04, 21:36
Yummm!!! I tried the recipe for dinner and it was soooooo good. It tasted a little different but I'm picky and I loved it!!:)

Pmizer
Mon, May-03-04, 14:43
This is good with chorizo and eggs too

Dinkie
Thu, Jun-03-04, 07:31
This recipe sounds great! But, I've never even heard of a daikon radish. I haven't looked yet, but I assume they're in the produce department? What do they look like? What other ways can they be eaten?

...learning something new every day!! :p

Hellistile
Thu, Jun-10-04, 08:34
My son and I hate radishes and we tried the Daikon and had to throw it away because of the bitter taste. Can we remove that bitter taste somehow?